Refusal of Service

I am a Tata Photon datacard customer. My account number is 908380451. Along with my bill dated 2 August 2011 I received a pamphlet offering a free Tata Indicom mobile connection. When I went to claim this offer, I was told by Srinivas, the sales officer at the Bangalore Office, that this was an old offer, not valid now. It was only on my insistence that I had received the offer four days ago and it could not be invalid that Suresh, the supervisor, agreed to grant the connection. Then there was a concerted effort to convince me that a handset for Rs.1,300/- had to be bought with the connection. It took another three visits to finally get only the SIM card. I was told that the number would be activated in 24 hours. It has now been 168 hours, the number is still not active. I had opted for the connection due to a good experience with my Tata Photon connection. I was also planning to migrate my Airtel Blackberry connection to Tata Teleservices. However, my terrible experience with this new connection has spoiled my trust in the Tata brand.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Did you raise your complaint? Do you have a complaint number you registered with all India tata photo customer care helpline?
It should be solved since this is common type of problem and after you purchase it the responsibility of the place where you bought it is over. With very large organizations this can happen.
Pl. get back, we can also follow up with Tata but you'll need to take the first step.

Thank you for the response! I did post the complaint, prior to posting on this site. The text was similiar to what I have posted on this site. The reference number is M5028609.

I received a reply today from HariPriya.P, Manager, Customer Care-Karnataka, Tata Teleservices Limited which states that 'As per your mail, we would like to inform you that your number is in active and you can use the services.' My number is still not active. I have tried the standard checks of switching off, removing SIM card, putting it all back and switching on after two minutes.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Have you checked your SIM with another phone?
Just go to Tata outlet or your make authorized service center and ask them to check the phone.
It is unlikely that Tata will be wrong in this case.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors