Panasonic Camera DMC-TZ5

Website of Panasonic India talks about Panasonic Service Plaza. I am quoting below from the website:

"Service Plaza : We here in Panasonic are eager to create excellent Customer Experience when our Customers walk in to our Service Centers. In such an endeavor we have created one such service centers which are branded as Panasonic Service Plazas. It has following unique feature which none of the other service centers have on their strides.

Reception Area
It has the best Reception area with air conditioned comfort to ensure that our customers are given right feel and made comfortable. They are also provided with the relevant information about service centers and other latest product available on sale at their reach.

Demonstration Area
We have created a separate area which will make our customers to check their products at peace before they take delivery to their home. These areas are air conditioned for their comfort.

Service Area
These service centers are well equipped with latest testing gadgets to service surface mounted components of our state of the art products like Plasma Televisions and high end Digital Video Cameras. These centers are kept as antistatic so that it is not disturbed by any residual static energy from our body while servicing customer products.

Conference Area
Every such centers has a meeting area which will make our Service Engineers to discuss their customer calls attended and provide accurate feedback to our factories and marketing dept. So that they take corrective and preventive measures to ensure our products are highly reliable and user friendly.

Spares Area
These service centers are equipped with a complete spares storage area. These are stored with all such fast moving spares and product accessories with them. With this they can provide prompt service to our customer who walk in or require on site support.

Storage Area
Our Service Centers are created with a proper storage area where we can store all our repaired and unrepaired customer products with proper care. They are easily identified with proper codification to deliver customer products promptly.
We are sure these service centers will live up to your expectation in terms of customer satisfaction and infrastructure support required for a good service centre."

One of such Service Plazas mentioned on the website is:
KANICA ELECTRONICS,
B-74, Ground floor, Lajpat Nager-2,New Delhi-24.

Visited the above address today (24th August 2013) for the purpose of repair of my Panasonic camera Lumix DMC TZ-5 which is beyond the warranty period. Following are the observations:

1. First of all, the name has changed to Maskin Enterprises. Panasonic has not updated its website. Also learnt that some time back the name was Vasshist Electronics. Panasonic website mentions the name as Kanica Electronis. Such a frequent change of name (at the same address) sounds dubious.

2. Unlike the tall claims of "Reception Area", I met the receptionist Anju Rani who was absolutely curt in her responses and unwilling and visibly annoyed to answer any supplementary question.

3. Unlike the tall claims of the service center being "well equipped with latest testing gadgets", I was told that I will have to deposit the camera which will be sent to a place in Azadpur ("Versatile Care") and that I would be given the contact details and could follow up with them directly. It will take about a week time to do the necessary work. I was further advised to contact "Versatile Care" directly and take the camera to that place if I want the work done sooner.

4. They would not even note what are the complaints and faults and would not be able to indicate any estimate of cost of repair, as there was no expertise available.

5. Needless to mention that no "spare area" is available. In short, this could at the best be described as a collection centre and not service centre.

6. "Versatile Care" does figure as one of the Service Plazas on the website of Panasonic. However, Kanica Electronics/ Maskin Enterprises was not able to provide any of the services mentioned above by Panasonic on their website. Isn't Panasonic wasting the time and energy of its customers by promising a world class service where no service is available?

Panasonic is guilty of providing wrong information on its website and also over-publicizing its facilities which are non-existent. They should apologize for wasting my time and energy. It is a company whose products need to be avoided.

Rakesh Ranjan, New Delhi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors