Non delivery of i-Ticket

I booked an i-Ticket from IRCTC on March 4, 2017 with PNR number 2709664879. The journey date was on March 10, 2017. On March 8, 2017, I received an email from

courier@irctc.co.in that ticket could not be delivered due to "incomplete address, no service area, house locked, no such person available". Even though neither the address

was incomplete nor the house was locked as I gave my office address and also my registered number is working 24*7, I received no such call from any courier agency. Yet I

immediately responded the mail giving my office address and mobile number again. Despite this I didn't receive any call from courier/IRCTC until afternoon of March 9. Then I

again emailed courier@irctc.co.in requesting for some contact number of courier company. Then they replied with a contact number of a person named Shashidhar from

overnite courier. I talked to him and he assured me that I'd received the ticket by 11:30 am of March 10, 2017. But no one attempted to deliver it within time. Since then I tried to

contact Shashidhar almost 30 times but he didn't picked my phone nor he called back. After being very desperate I sent an SMS to him requesting him to give me the number of

the delivery boy. He replied me with some contact number but as usual No one picked the phone even after 10 full call retries. I again tried to call Shashidhar and sent an SMS to

him but he never didn't replied. When I received no reply, I tried to contact IRCTC customer helpline. After 6 retries I could call helpline number but amazingly the customer

representative told me to cancel my ticket. I told him if I didn't received the ticket how can I cancel it, she replied me to go to some railway counter and get the ticket issued by

showing some ID and then cancel it. When I asked her to transfer the call to some senior executive she disconnected the call. After around 4 pm on March 10, 2017, someone

called me that he had just received the ticket for delivery to me asking my address. But when I told him the office address, he replied that he couldn't deliver to my address as

that was "No Service Area" for his company and told me to collect the ticket myself. I told him my inability to go so far and requested him to deliver the ticket by 6 pm as the train

was at 10 pm but it was vein.
Finally the person for whom I booked ticket couldn't get the train just because of all this drama.
My questions to IRCTC:
1. If you people could not commit the delivery of i-ticket on time why are you even continuing the service: to waste money and time of public??
2. Do you people how I felt being tortured by two full days by continuously wasting my time by calling courier representatives and emailing IRCTC just to get the ticket delivery

which you people committed and I had the right for it??
3. Why do IRCTC handled the ticket to a courier company which has my office address marked as "No Service Area"?? Did you people not know the urgency of the ticket??
4. What kind of dumb and rude people you hired for customer care service who even don't know how to talk to customers?? What a funny solution the customer representative

told me for my complaint, "Go to railway counter get your ticket issued by showing ID card and then cancel it!!!"
5. Who will take the responsibility for all the mess happened to me, for money wasted in ticket, my time, my money wasted in all calls and above all the inconvenience of the

person who couldn't go to home in this festive season??

Please take serious disciplinary actions to courier company, customer representative. And give me compensation for all the wasted money.

Thanks,
Vivek Gupta

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors