fraud in a surfasi sale at the hands of indian bank(Kollam branch)

Seeing an advertisement in all leading newspapers I participated in a Surfaci auction sale conducted by Indian bank - Kollam branch. I bid the highest amount [36,50,000] among the total of 4 people who attended the auction conducted on 15/12/2011. I was declared the successful bidder and I later got the property registered in my name at the SRO and mutated [payment of tax] at the village office. The way to this property is through a temple compound [it serves as the only way for 3 other families who stay beyond this property]. The temple office bearers were a party at the auction and they were not successful as their highest bid was only 25,00,000.
Now the temple office bearers have declared that the property belongs to the temple and when I went to my property for some agricultural work along with some workers, the temple office bearers mobilized a mob of 30 people and the mob declared that the property belongs to the temple and that i have no right whatsoever in spite of the property being registered in my name and tax paid in my name. Though i complained to the police, they are just mute spectators.
Finally the result is that i have spent about Rs. 40,00,000 from my pocket - white money - and i am not able to enjoy the property sold to me by Indian bank. Can the bank relieve itself of all responsibility from this predicament. Are the bank authorities answerable for this situation?

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like Indian bank is doing lot of fraud( please read this: http://forum.indiaconsumercomplaints.org/Forum-Indian-Bank#.UIqnyvlqNkQ ).

I don't think Indian Bank has anything to do with this.

I guess you have some options:
  • Bribe police and they will take care of it, if you know any MLA or anyone from ruling party then also it'd be fine
  • Bribe those who came along with the temple office bearers( even drink bottles will do)
  • Sell this property

I think Indian Bank is not entirely above board in selling you a property which was or likely to be disputed. However, your fault lies in trusting the banks to do right. Sad situation that Indians call unethical practices as called reform and liberalization.

I would take a 2-pronged approach - lodge a case of fraudulent sale of property on Indian Bank, after taking a letter from the temple trust or whatever, so they are forced to prove the bona-fides of the property in courts, and at the same time, seek local influential persons' help in settling matters with the temple folks, whichever way is comfortable for you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors