Debit card fraud from ICICI bank of 16474/- Soma

My name is Soma Ganguli and my ICICI A/c # XXXXXXXX1264 and my Debit card # 4693XXXXXXXX2169. This is regarding my complaint number SR346716526, SR346717158, SR346725964 and SR346804922 dated 18/11/2014 and 22/11/2014.

As it has been mentioned so many times there was some unauthorized fraudulent transactions of Rs. 16474/- from my a/c by Debit Card (Online). It was impossible because the card was with me more over I was carring the card when I went to the bank(Hopefarm,Bangalore Branch). I immediately tried to call the customer care to stop the transaction & block my card, Finally they blocked it. This is the only action taken by ICICI bank during these whole incident. Even though I have reported this within 1 hour and submitted the FIR Copy also, so that they can start the procedure as soon as possible. But really disapointed to see that they have waited for whole day to raise the final complain. The bank executive Praveen Dhonti (Hopefarm Branch) had assured me that they will track the IP address and find out the marchant details and the fraud transaction details.

Then whenever I have called ICICI customer care, I heard that the respective department is looking into this. after 4 days of investigation they don't have any clue about the transactions, marchant and the IP details. Which is not at all acceptable.

This is my hard-earned money and I’m not going to let go of it easily as Rs. 16474/- is a big amount for me and I’m not going to suffer if there was a security lapse.

Transaction Alerts already known to bank.

After all these just trying to ignore the incident by closing the SR without providing any information and resolution is not at all acceptable from from a reputable bank like ICICI.

ICICI Bank - one of the most reputed banks of India; this is how they treat their customers. This is not the single thread where this type of complaint has been logged against ICICI Bank, but in almost all the threads same answer from the them. Irrespective of the card type Visa / Master, the card carries logo of your bank, you should take ownership of such fraud and help Police to reach to the criminals. Having said this, if the customer has made a false complaint should also be penalized for the same. Unfortunately, the way ICICI bank responded to the customer, it seems that they have the answer ready for many of such customers.

Would request senior personnel to look into this issue, as we DO NOT EXPECT this kind of behavior from a reputed bank like ICICI Bank.

Regards,
Abir

Soma_G said:
My name is Soma Ganguli and my ICICI A/c # XXXXXXXX1264 and my Debit card # 4693XXXXXXXX2169. This is regarding my complaint number SR346716526, SR346717158, SR346725964 and SR346804922 dated 18/11/2014 and 22/11/2014.

As it has been mentioned so many times there was some unauthorized fraudulent transactions of Rs. 16474/- from my a/c by Debit Card (Online). It was impossible because the card was with me more over I was carring the card when I went to the bank(Hopefarm,Bangalore Branch). I immediately tried to call the customer care to stop the transaction & block my card, Finally they blocked it. This is the only action taken by ICICI bank during these whole incident. Even though I have reported this within 1 hour and submitted the FIR Copy also, so that they can start the procedure as soon as possible. But really disapointed to see that they have waited for whole day to raise the final complain. The bank executive Praveen Dhonti (Hopefarm Branch) had assured me that they will track the IP address and find out the marchant details and the fraud transaction details.

Then whenever I have called ICICI customer care, I heard that the respective department is looking into this. after 4 days of investigation they don't have any clue about the transactions, marchant and the IP details. Which is not at all acceptable.

This is my hard-earned money and I’m not going to let go of it easily as Rs. 16474/- is a big amount for me and I’m not going to suffer if there was a security lapse.

Transaction Alerts already known to bank.

After all these just trying to ignore the incident by closing the SR without providing any information and resolution is not at all acceptable from from a reputable bank like ICICI.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors