Central Bank of India Unfreindly

I am savings account holder at Townshend road Branch Kolkata 700025.I am now camping at a Village named Chalsa District Jalpaiguri West Bengal where CBI have got a branch. They have an ATM which does not have cash. I was operating thro withdrawal slip net banking. My daughter has taken the sim to Canada. So first I mailed for change of sim number. It was ignored. Then I have requested for a cheque book to be sent to the Chalsa Branch from where I will collect by producing my pass book. The hard copy was sent by courier to the branch manager Townshend Road Branch Kolkata. I have attached my pass book photo voters card and my photo for verification.

Instead of sending the required cheque book the under mentioned mail has been sent insulting me by calling me an agency and threatening me to block my mail.
Quote:
You appear to be running an agency for lodging complaints on behalf of bank customers. As the real account holder has not contacted his bank in an authorised way, we are not taking any cognisance of this complaint.

We have already received 3/4 mails from this mail ID on behalf of our customers which is unauthorised. Henceforth plz don't send mails to us, other wise those will be simply deleted or this mail ID will be blocked.
परिचालन विभाग / Operation Deptt,
आंचलिक कार्यालय , कोलकाता / Zonal Office, Kolkata.

I had lodges an online complaint. First the site was refusing to accept complaints.
After three days attempt wasting mega bites I was successful. Every time I type the captcha the entire record vanishes. Finally on last attempt it accepted send me an sms. After one week when I went in to check the status it says complaint does not exist.

I tried to give a complaint to RBI site. Received a reply that GOS is not correct so complaint has been collapsed.

Result I am 65 years old and sick with back ache has to travel by taxi to the nearest town to draw money wasting 250 taxi fare. So iare all customer friendly Banks?

Truely Alexander has said this is a peculiar country.

[attachment=439][attachment=440]

Attachments

shinystar said:
Sir, All you have to do is tell your daughter to make call from the sim she took with her and inform the bank about the situation ,and visit the bank once and make clearance of all the required documents for the change of number registered and all.
I am sure your physical presence and travel to the bank once will be helpful to you to make the changes forever.
Thanks for the reply. If I am able to do that there is no problem. But now I am at a village which is one night journey from Kolkata where I am having account. My daughter is at Canada,. My sim is pre paid as such it is not available. To get a duplicate sim even I have to go to Kolkata and apply. As such the difficulty.

In todays world everything is happening over net including application of cheque book. I have send a written request plus emails it should have happened. But it did not happen and Bank has cat called me as Broker is the tragedy.

Thanks for publishing this complaints. Finally Central Bank of India has woken up. I was contacted over phone collected details and agreed to send the cheque book to their Chalsa Branch. I have to provide my proofs i e pass book voters card and Pan card and take delivery and take delivery of the cheque book.

The problem now located is that incorrect recording of my email id. I have given a letter where requested for changing of email id and cell phone number. The particular branch has been closed and bank has lost the letter. Result mails send to wrong ID did not reach me.. Now when I am mailing from my ID they treated it as a fraud mail. On inquiry now they found out that I have had send a hard copy by courier which was duly received but lost.There was no intimation to me that Bank is closing down its branch as they registered a wrong email ID. The branch where my account was transferred did not bother to honor my mail and record the changes. Instead kept on the revived old record. Result this mis hap and harassment to me.
All these because Bank failed to receiprocate the mails received. I hope they will change their system of working and become more customer friendly

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors