Carrier Duping Innocent Consumer

Dear Sir,
This is regarding the Carrier Ac 1.5 ton I had purchased on 26th June, 2017, from Snehanjali Store in Kandivili West. Prior to this, last year I bought a Carrier AC 1 ton from the same store, fortunately the product worked flawlessly and never had an issue with it. The product performance gave me the confidence and additional boost to continue my journey with Carrier AC.

However, the later one, the 1.5 ton AC from the day of installation is giving me trouble and has made my experience go for a toss.

Let me explain in the chronological order of issues:

The day one when it was installed, we noticed water was dripping from the unit and the technician who was installing it, was taken aback with the incident. After a number of failed attempts to rectify the same he reached out to his superiors at Snehanjali. To my surprise the sales guy who was the single point of contact for the sale, Tajes, he misguided the technician not to check the machine by filling water in the ac which is a normal practice, since we were confident about the quality and performance of the product never question the technician and let him install the way he wanted. After sometime he left and informed me the product is ready for use.
Within a week we were encountered with the AC profusely dripping water from the indoor equipment which was very unlikely from a brand of this repute. We immediately reached out to Tajas and informed about the issue we were facing with regards to the brand new AC. The service team (from Snehanjali) reached and checked the equipment and changed the drainage pipe charging us again for the additional pipe. We believed in the process and anticipated that things will be better off now.

We did some amount of relief from the water flow but cooling was a big issue still. The technician informed that the cooling won’t be an issue as it’s just the beginning and in few days it will chill your bodies.

Since the summer season was over we did not switched on the ac for a couple of months.

Now we were fore fronted with embarrassment from family and friends, as they complained about AC not functioning properly and people sitting close to the AC vent experienced water splashes (small droplet).It made us really uncomfortable as the AC wouldn’t give the proper cooling if sat far from it and if close would provide an experience of a cooler which keeps throwing water at you.

We made multiple complaint about the issue with your servicing team but couldn't reach a solution. All these while the servicing was managed by Snehanjali service center.

By now we are confident that it is a faulty piece as I don't have any issue with the other AC, and if the product was fine would have not created so many issues. Hence we requested for a replacement of the product. This is the time when we discover that the servicing done was by Snehanjali, as they informed will involve Carrier team will have it checked.

During this ordeal of multiple visits by the Snehanjali team especially around last month, they would come and agree there is an evident issue but when connected to their office would get up and say everything is all right. Later they made real startling comments like:

Sir mein thodi apne upar 30 - 35 k kharcha loonga ... Haan cooling brabar nahi hai

Carrier ko aap blue star aur Hitachi se maat compare Karo..

Mitsubishi to boohut aacha hai .. Carrier to pani kaam chaay hai.

Lastly Carrier guys came to check about the issues, there were two young boys in the Carrier uniform and worked in the company prescribed format, placing the floor-mat, wore plastic shoe covers and checked thoroughly on 22nd of May. They opened the wall unit and washed the film and checked the window unit for gas pressure which stood at 75 as (Snehanjali servicing team had increased it to that level from 60). Post their entire check and after realizing their was no cooling effect in the 45 – 50 minutes time when they were in the house. They informed us that they are sharing a report and have put in a request for replacement. Additionally, in the next 24 hours you will receive a call from the company for replacement.

Since, this time it was a company official committing we went by the word and waited, unfortunately never heard anything form anyone. After 10 days I went to the Snehanjali store and narrated the whole incident. As a follow up Brajesh, their service head called me the next day, after listening to my ordeal and their head technician report on the issue he connected with Carrier and said they have not filed the report.

My wife signed on the electronic machine, while the shared the report. So I was confused how to take the same forward. To get everyone on the page we got on a conference call after a lot of effort, myself, my wife, Brajesh from Snehanjali and Nassirudin from Carrier. During the conversation, Nassiruddin informed no one from Carrier had visited my place and their was no entry. To prove the same he also got few people on the line from Carrier- Service executive Ansari, Abdul the PRO, Service engineer – Aklak Ahmed and Miraj Chowdury – Aircon Service owner, to my surprise they all equivocally said no one from Carrier has visited your premises.
I was really confused if no one from Carrier came then who were they, I presumed they were robbers as snehanjali never sent anyone. So on the call I told them, I am filing a police complaint that someone portrayed as carrier staff entered my house and there is a possible theft on the way. As I spoke they immediately turned around and said we will check again and revert.

Less than an hour I got a call and Carrier team realized there were two employees who had visited my premises but found everything was fine which they communicated. I asked them about the 24 hour response on the replacement, for which they said it was routine feedback call. So why I didn’t get the feedback call, there was no response.

Suddenly the argument from Nassirudin was as Snehanjali never informed on the issue in the last 10 months and as it has made the client unhappy it is their duty to replace the product from their store and not pass the buck on Carrier. To which Brajesh said the product is faulty we were only lending a helping hand to the Carrier Servicing team. As the argument went on who will replace they realized they both have agreed on the product is faulty and I was online. They said lets discuss the matter internally and close the chapter and will keep me updated in a day or two.

After 2 days Brajesh from the Snehanjali team called me and informed that we never let the Carrier team check the product thoroughly and were not letting them do their job. And they will require the last assessment to be done before replacing the product. We were furious because of the continuous lies from Carrier and Snehanjali.
But since we were right, we agreed to show the product one more time, this time on June 9, 2018, Nafis Khan the technician came along with the help. He was in my house for over 50 minutes. It was raining outside and weather was really pleasant, room temperature stood at 27 degrees. A best suited scenario for ac checking, despite such favorable environment the temperature of the room came down by only 1 degree to 26 degree, at the AC temperature set at 17 degrees (minimum limit). The gas pressure was at 75 and Nafis agreed there was an issue with the equipment.

Attached with the mail is the report which I took an image. While Nafis was at my residence he informed Miraj Chowdury – Aircon Service owner over a call that these are the issues and the clients are relay upset because of the nonperformance of the product. Before leaving he further emphasized, I have placed the facts on record, Ideally you should get a replacement but I am not the one to take the call. Once the report is submitted they will connect with you for the next steps.
Brajesh from Snehanjali called me and informed since today is Saturday the office will be closed tomorrow and I will check with Carrier and revert on Monday or latest by Tuesday.

On Tuesday, when I received the call from Brajesh – while I was expecting a replacement details, I was aghast when he told me the report says everything is fine and I can have a technician come to your place to rectify.

I asked him if everything is fine why do I need a technician to come to my place to rectify, and he gave me blank reply that, Carrier is not ready to replace and we will not give a replacement. The best we can do is send a technician to your place to help you rectify or you can call a Ac repairer from outside.

Now after this entire distasteful experience, I have decided to take the issue up with my own capabilities and Show the real picture of Carrier and Snehanjali to the Indian consumer.

This is not what a consumer wishes a brand to behave but someone needs to pay for their negligence and taking a customer trust for a ride. please help me raise the issue and ban the brand in India.

They are just taking the Indians for a ride. How I wish my experience was not soured by the lies of your employees and partners, who instead of supporting and bettering the consumer experience tried to cut corners to earn / save some money. The image / position of the brand once tarnished can’t be polished to its original level.

With heartfelt grief, I await to see a response from them…

All set to take up the matter in the consumer court as well.

Attachments

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors