Amount transfered by mistake to a cancelled third party bank credit card

Hi,

On 4th of August 2015, I had made a payment of INR 14204 through your mobile banking application for my credit card bill, assuming that the registered card was my ICICI Bank credit card. However, when the payment did not reflect in my credit card account, I was drawn into suspicion, and I contacted your customer care number to check. As a result of that call, I found that I had mistakenly made a transfer to one of the Kotak Mahindra Credit card (Credit Card No. XXXXXXXXXXXX3551), which was held by me long ago, and which has now either expired, or i deliberately got the same cancelled (I can't remember correctly).
As a followup, I reached out to Kotak Mahindra Bank, where they have confirmed to day, that they have not received any amount towards the card number mentioned by me.
Now, my ICICI savings bank account got debited on 4th August, 2015, and Kotak Mahindra bank has not yet received the payment. Also, I have not received a refund of the same amount.
It would be appreciated if the matter is looked into, and a resolution is reached. I even sent an email last week to customerdisputes@icicibank.com, but, I have not yet received any replies on the same as yet.
I am also attaching the email reply as was received from Kotak bank with regards to my transaction.
Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks and regards
Rajat Aggarwal

Attachments

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely your payment should be refunded as credit card numbers may not be recycled.

In the mean time make payment to right card now otherwise you may attract penal charges.

I have already made the payment to the correct card, so that is not an issue. However, for the other transaction (wrong credit), it has already been almost a month now. I even wrote a mail regarding this to customerdisputes@icicibank.com, but haven't received any rep[ly or acknowledgment for the same.

rajat_aggarwal03 said:
Hi,

On 4th of August 2015, I had made a payment of INR 14204 through your mobile banking application for my credit card bill, assuming that the registered card was my ICICI Bank credit card. However, when the payment did not reflect in my credit card account, I was drawn into suspicion, and I contacted your customer care number to check. As a result of that call, I found that I had mistakenly made a transfer to one of the Kotak Mahindra Credit card (Credit Card No. XXXXXXXXXXXX3551), which was held by me long ago, and which has now either expired, or i deliberately got the same cancelled (I can't remember correctly).
As a followup, I reached out to Kotak Mahindra Bank, where they have confirmed to day, that they have not received any amount towards the card number mentioned by me.
Now, my ICICI savings bank account got debited on 4th August, 2015, and Kotak Mahindra bank has not yet received the payment. Also, I have not received a refund of the same amount.
It would be appreciated if the matter is looked into, and a resolution is reached. I even sent an email last week to customerdisputes@icicibank.com, but, I have not yet received any replies on the same as yet.
I am also attaching the email reply as was received from Kotak bank with regards to my transaction.
Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks and regards
Rajat Aggarwal
Dear Mr. Aggarwal,

We would be glad to address your concerns, please share your card,account/contact number along with details of issues at solutions.bank@kotak.com

Thanks and regards,
Kotak Team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors