adverse police verification work from home

I am currently staying in Solapur, Maharashtra and work online for a company based in Pune since 2014. I had applied for passport re-issue in July 2017 since my old passport was expired. I also got my new passport mailed to me within few days.

Then I got a call from police to appear for police verification. I went to police station in Solapur on 3rd Aug 2017. After submitting address proof, police asked me about my work details and I told them my situation. But he was not convinced and started saying that I am lying and I stay in Pune only since my company is in Pune. I told him that I can submit company's appointment letter which clearly states that I am working from home as per the arrangement and but he did not listen.

After few days I received a letter from RPO Pune saying that police has submitted adverse verification. I appeared before RPO Pune on 28 Aug 2017. I showed my appointment letter to the passport officer and he initiated the re-verification process and suggested me to produce this letter in police re-verification.

Then after a call I appeared for police re-verification with the appointment letter but police still not accepting this as a valid document. Moreover he is saying that they made an enquiry with neighbours and my neighbours said that I live in Pune. Also police claimed to have tracked my mobile location for past 3 months and it is showing as Pune only. But I know both of these are not true. He is not ready to disclose any details about both the above thing.

I am not sure what to do now. Do I have to pay the penalty if re-verification is also adverse? Will my new passport be impounded? Should I file RTI? Can I file a complaint with passport vigilance officer?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors