Activation of Airtel Smart bytes pack of Rs.499 without my consent

Subject:
Activation of "SmartBytes Pack" of Rs.499/- without my consent , and when I complained to Customer care on this, they are not ready to deactivate.
(I have all the details that, I have not activated this Smartbytes-Pack of Rs.499, but still Airtel-customer-care is not ready to verify & take proper action). Reference no. for this is 36255750

Details are as follows:
1)In Airtel Broadband, When Browsing Internet, suddenly Popup for Airtel-SmartBytes-Pack appears automatically & this appears daily.
2) This SmartBytes Pack contains options for selecting any Pack with Increased speed paying additional Coast. This coast is in-addition to the monthly Billing amount. If one does not want to select any Smartbytes-Pack then There is a Option at the bottom of popup saying -"Or, You can continue as per your Plan" (If without selecting any option if the popup is closed then, then Popup reappears again).
3) As-usual when this SmartBytes-pack-popup appeared, I have selected the Option "Continue as per my current plan" and the Popup window also showed "You have chosen to continue as per plan" But still I received 2 messages to my mobile stating that: Smartbytes pack of 12 GB & Rs 499/- has been started, even-though I did not select any Smartbytes pack of Rs.499.
4) I have immediately called the customer care & complained about this fault activation of Smartbytes-pack of Rs.499, Customer care person asked me to send the mail with screenshot of popup.
5) I have sent the mail with Screen shot.
6) The Reply from Customer care person is "We have not activated" and they also are telling that "By selecting "continue as per Plan" the option might have activated. This clearly shows that Airtel-Customer-care person does not have proper knowledge & this person is replying without proper knowledge.
7) In My computer, I have all the proof that "I have not selected the SmartBytes Pack of Rs.499/-" but Airtel-Broadband-Services is not Verifying clearly in their server to find where the error has happened.
8) This is the second time Iam facing this problem. At First time when the same problem happened, Airtel-Broadband-Services reduced around 60% of SmartBytes-pack coast but still I had paid the remaining. Yesterday again this same problem repeated.
8) I Checked in the google, Many people are facing similar problems on this Artel-SmartBytes-Pack.

My request is, proper action has to be taken on Airtel-SmartBytes-pack Popup, so that Problems on this is solved.

Thanks & Regards,
Venkat

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Seems some bug in their software on your computer or even in their server software. If I were you then I'd never have selected any option and also try to disable such popups in the registry. Debugging and tracing such issues will require high technical expertise from Airtel man-power and I don't think you'll be able to talk to the right person in Airtel.

At least request cancellation of this pack right now. Or try to use it to download some video etc and cancel it at the end of the month.

@Expert,

The Browser automatically directs to the Pop-up Page of Airtel-SmartBytes Pack, when we are browsing some other webpages and the web page which we are using Disappears due to this Pop-up Page of Airtel-SmartBytes Pack. We users do not have any control on this, and this happens as per setting in the Modem & Server by Airtel. Before Browser moving automatically to the Airtel-SmartBytes Pack popup Page, the internet becomes very Slow, and suddenly the Page of Airtel-SmartBytes Popup appears. This is as per setting in Airtel Server & Modem and this popup Page Runs on Airtel Server itself, Suddenly appears on my Browser automatically & suddenly.

This Airtel-SmartBytes Pack Popup page is very Problematic.

And Without selecting any SmartBytes Pack of additional Coast, the Pack will be added to user's account and this additional amount will be charged in the next bill. And when this was informed immediately to Customer care persons, they are not ready to deactivate, cancel or verify clearly. This is what happened with me twice and I check in the Google and I found that Many people also had the same problem. But Airtel Customer care people does not Verify and reply properly.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
What is the url you see in Airtel-SmartBytes Pack Popup? You can block your computer to access it by adding it in hosts file. Or you can use ad blocker extension in Firefox.

Such software also eats your bandwidth at your cost since it shows you webpage from internet. Just bar it from ever connecting to internet.

The "Airtel-SmartBytes Pack Popup" URL contains direct "IP address & Port Number" and This URL is different every time & not same at each time.

The "Airtel-SmartBytes Pack Page" does not look exactly like other Popup's, For "Airtel-SmartBytes-Popup" the Browser itself automatically directs to the Page of "Airtel-SmartBytes" suddenly & the web-Page which user was using disappears & "Airtel-SmartBytes" appears.

There is no option to block it. I have already added Add-Block plugin to my browser and also I have disabled Popup. I have also added Popup Blocking extension, But still this "Airtel-SmartBytes Pack Popup" appears.

If Iam are not allowing this "Airtel-SmartBytes" page then the internet becomes stuck & If I call the customer service person on this, they will inform me to turn off & then turn on the modem, after performing this, when I start the browser "The "Airtel-SmartBytes" page appears first.

This is very problematic.

Hello Admin,

My smartbytes was also enabled without my consent . Airtel says that I have done it but I said Iam aware of how to do it and I have not done it .

I sopke to them to disable it , but helpdesk says they cannot withdraw Smartpack but they will do it but in the bill they print the amount .But it happened earlier also and they gave away the amount .

I do not want to use the smartpack . Help me how to get out away from this.

regards
manish

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors