Adverse police verification report for current address

The status for my Passport application on the site states: Police verification is not clear and application is under review at Regional Passport Office.

The two SMS’s I received from the passport office are as follows:

i)Police has submitted Clear report for your previous address (where I stayed for 18 months)
ii) Police has submitted Adverse report for your current address ( Where I have stayed for less than 1 year)

Upon checking with the police station, they mentioned that “because I have not been residing at the current address for more than a year”, I will get an adverse report. This despite submitting notorized copies of the following:

1) Registered Lease agreement duly notorised
2) Electricity bills
3) Signatures of neighbors and those of witnesses along with their Aadhar card copies
4) My Aadhar card copy giving my permanent address
5) Marriage Certification duly notorised
6) Old Passport copy duly notorised
7) Employment letter indicating current address
8) Bank Account with Statement indicating current address.
The police department also mentioned that this adverse report will generally NOT be a hindrance in the issue of the passport as all documents they required have been submitted and also because the previous address was “clear”.
The police department sends the hardcopy of all the documents you give to the passport office for police verification. The passport office checks the documents. Even if your police verification for the current address is ADVERSE because of your stay in the current address for LESS than a year, but your previous address has been verified by the police and mentioned as “Clear”, YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR PASSPORT. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RE-APPLY FOR A POLICE VERIFICATION.
In the event you are required to do a police verification for some other issue pertaining to your passport, you will need to personally visit the Regional passport office and stand in queue to receive a form from a counter. The first 100-200 candidates will be admitted in and you will be asked to produce the relevant documents. The office is generally open on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday only. So go very early in the morning and stand in queue.

Best of luck and don't worry. Things will get sorted.

arijay

even i have the same problem
i received the following messages

i) Police has submitted Adverse report for your current address
ii)Police has submitted Clear report for your previous address

my application status in the site is showing that " police report is not clear and application is pending at regional passport office"

after receiving the messages how many days it may take for my passport to be issued?

As yours is the same problem in how many days you received your passport?

Hi All,

I am facing the same issue.

I have recently applied for re-issue of passport due to expired validity. Instead for tatkal, I applied with regular application in Dec 2014 from Pune.

I was previously residing in Bangalore and have not completed 1 full year in Pune now. My police verification for previous address went to Bangalore / Pune Police station. Within 2 weeks I got a clear report from Bangalore Police station but It took me more than 1 month to get verification done form Yerwada Police station (that includes 5+ visits to station).

Now after getting every documentation done, I have got a sms that "Police has sent ADVERSE report on my current address". When I checked with local police station, they are saying that its a normal process to get Adverse report as I have not completed 1 complete year in current address but they have sent clear report with NOC to passport office and I will get passport without any hindrance. Their point is that under such circumstances, system only accepts adverse report. Now its been more than 2 weeks. The application status still shows "Police Verification Report is not clear and application is under review at Regional Passport Office."

I have no idea what to do now. I am planning to visit RPO office for more details. Please guide me incase you have faced same issue or aware of any such incident.

Thanks ,

The consolidation of both reports is not done at ur passport office.I guess u didnt got sms for the clear police verifiaction for the previous address.Just check if its done or not an then contact RPO if u r sure thats its been done.

Hi Rohit,

I am also facing the same issue. Yesterday i received same adverse sms, so today I am planning to contact my local police station to inquiry about adverse status.
I hope your passport process was finished, can you please help me out what to do and what is next step? need to contact passport office? kindly suggest.

Thanks in Advance.
Kiran L.

rohit.s121 said:
Hi All,

I am facing the same issue.

I have recently applied for re-issue of passport due to expired validity. Instead for tatkal, I applied with regular application in Dec 2014 from Pune.

I was previously residing in Bangalore and have not completed 1 full year in Pune now. My police verification for previous address went to Bangalore / Pune Police station. Within 2 weeks I got a clear report from Bangalore Police station but It took me more than 1 month to get verification done form Yerwada Police station (that includes 5+ visits to station).

Now after getting every documentation done, I have got a sms that "Police has sent ADVERSE report on my current address". When I checked with local police station, they are saying that its a normal process to get Adverse report as I have not completed 1 complete year in current address but they have sent clear report with NOC to passport office and I will get passport without any hindrance. Their point is that under such circumstances, system only accepts adverse report. Now its been more than 2 weeks. The application status still shows "Police Verification Report is not clear and application is under review at Regional Passport Office."

I have no idea what to do now. I am planning to visit RPO office for more details. Please guide me incase you have faced same issue or aware of any such incident.

Thanks ,

I am also facing the same problem. I have got my passport in urgent quota , in my application i have mentioned 2 addresses , both from mumbai. I got 1 sms stating that police has submitted clear report for my previous address where i stayed for 18 months but submit adverse report for current address where i am staying for 3 months. When i inquired in police station they said as you have not completed 1 year , adverse report is submitted despite i share all the relevant docs to police station. Even TI of the police station sign on my application in front of me. As per police it normal procedure and i wouldnt get any trouble on passport, i am still not convinced why they submitted adverse report.

Hi,
I had received a message notifying the same info - 'Police has submitted an Adverse report for your current address'.
Two noteworthy things during application process -
* I am residing at my current address since last 8 months.
* I wasn't asked to write/mention or produce proofs for my previous addresses.
But during police verification, I was told to be given an adverse report.
After reading suggestions on the internet forums, I visited the RPO and inquired about the same. There I was asked to fill a form of inquiry, mentioning my Full Name, File Number, Contact Number along with signature. The officer at the booth scribbled something on it which was illegible.

After submission of my form I was expecting an inquiry token, but was asked to go home with an assurance that my passport will be delivered by 3-4 days.
I am left confused because -
* Still no inquiry related to my previous address was made.
* I was not asked to present any document this time.
* I have not received any SMS related to updation of my Application status so far.
Anybody, any clues?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors