Indian Bank Sold Property by Fraud Through Auction under Sarfaesi Act, Bengaluru

nansurabhi said:
skbt78 said:
hi nansurabhi,

can you get me any earlier judgement case reference .. by referring to that case i can get my money back easily from ombudsman..really i am in deep trouble,, i have pledged all my mothers jewellery,, now no money, no jewellery, no site,, only mental agony
Hi bro,

I can imagine your situation as i have gone through the same phase. No need to panic. You have to proceed step by step according to rules and then file a case in banking ombudsman. As i have told you earlier, first write to bank and take a copy of it and wait for their reply. If they do not reply or reply is not satisfactory then mail to nadal officer of that bank and wait for their reply. If you do not get reply in 1 month or if their reply is not satisfactory to you then with all the documents goto banking ombudsman or file a complaint online with all the details. [hr]
i tried calling your number but there was no reply. Anyways, all the best. Proceed according to rules. You are dealing with RBI banking ombudsman. make sure you carry all the documents and go with proper home work. Bangalore ombudsman officers are really very friendly and helpful.
Hello Nansurabhi,

I am planning to buy a property being auctioned by a private bank in Delhi-NCR region. I would really appreciate if you can help me with a checklist before going for the auction.

Also the property is a multi-storey apartment ready for possession. But the registration of the property can not be done immediately since the builder has some dues towards the authority and hence authority is not entertaining any registrations.

Most of the owners in the society have taken only possession from the builder and have not got it registered. Please suggest.

regards
Ankit

I am in a similar situation. My father bought a flat from State Bank of Patiala, Abids, Hyderabad in Dec 2007. My father paid 18 lakhs in the auction and property keys were handed over to him. There was a constant breaking of the lock that my father used. So he realised that it was a disputed property and so he insisted that bank in returning the amount. But the bank called the revenue officers who claimed that the property was owned by State Bank of Patiala and took signature from my father stating that the SBP has handled over a legal property and he is owner of it. But this was not true since that other person has been breaking open the lock constantly. Meanwhile my father passed away in 2008. We filed a complaint in Ombudsman in 2009 and Ombudsman stated that SBP is correct and there was not illegal transaction. In 2011, Syndicate Bank has sealed that same property stating that they own the property. We filed a complaint in Ombudsman and also with State Bank of Patiala and Ombudsman rejected our case. State Bank of Patiala is defending itself by stating the SARFAESI Act.

Could you please help and let me know how I should proceed forward.:(

Hello Nansurabhi sir,

Read through this post and found it useful. One of my relatives is also facing a similar problem. This is also by Indian bank. In this case, he is a normal middle-class person holding account in Indian Bank. He was informed about auction of property (apartment) by the bank manager. Looks like the bank manager did not give complete details about the auction and formalities to him. He has told him that bank would give loan, etc etc and showed the property and pushed him to go for the auction and pay initial payment of 25% (8 lakhs).
- Considering that he is manager of a public sector bank, my relative trusted all the words and missed to go through all terms and conditions.
- After paying the 25% amount, he was in for shock. The manager started behaving harsh. In the first place, the loan was rejected. My relative wanted to avail loan with his wife and son as joint-owners. Bank has rejected this and said it is not possible. Further to this, initially when apartment was shown for sale, it had modular kitched work. After payment of 25%, all these were removed and taken by owner and the bank manager seems to have said that they never promised the kitched work. Luckily my relative has photographs before and after. The manager has pressurized him to make the full payment immediately or the paid amount will be forfeited. And other banks have also rejected loan application saying it is auction property. Now my relative, having put all his hard-earnied money doesnt know what to do.
He feels that manager has purposefully cheated him by giving false information about auction and the sale. I too feel, being a manager of public sector bank, it is the duty of the manager to have given full information and knowing that loan is the source of fund for purchase. Rejecting loan for mother-son joint ownership also seems not legal. Can we approach banking obdusman for this? This seems to be a clear way for some banks to cheat common people who are not much aware of rules. Kindly share inputs on this.

Regards,
Nithya

Hi,

I participated in one of the e-auction held in December 2014 and was the successful bidder. I have made complete payment and certificate of sale is yet to be issued.

The case is here somewhat similar to the first post on this thread by Nansurabhi sir. The borrower in question mortgaged the property in Nov 2006. Bank showed me Encumbrance Certificate from 2006 till 2014 June and it stated there is no encumbrance on the property.

But when I checked the records at sub registrar office an agreement to sale is registered on April 2007.

Now what should I do. Should I demand my money back from the bank as suggested by Nansurabhi sir. Or do you think I will get clear title in this case. Please help at the earliest. I have spent all my savings here...

Hi,

I have participated in Bank auction of oriental bank of commerce, hyderabad. I bid for the property and in just 1st bid of mine , i was the successful bidder and got the property for 63 lacs (where as reserve price is 62 lacs) . Just 2 bids were placed and in my 1st bid and whole 2nd bid i got the property.

I paid 25% amount to bank already and remaining 75% has to be paid in 10 days.
Now i came to know that the property completely goes of in road widening and whose plan was published long back by GHMC(hyderabad municipal corporation).

1) Could any body advise on how do i get my 25% amount refunded from bank.

I have all the proofs that the property goes in road widening. But i doubt abt the Bank authorised officer returning my money
nansurabhi said:
rimple75 said:
Hi,

Just wantedto ask u whether ur problem is resolved. Can u please tell me, if yes, because we are also facing same kind of problem.

Thanks
Yes my problem is solved. I lodged a complaint in Banking Ombudsman. after 1 month they called me for hearing and instructed bank to refund my amount along with registration fee and official legal expenses. without spending any amount i got my money back from bank in 3 months. Thanks to Banking Ombudsman, Bangalore. Let me know ur problem. pm me i will try and help you out. got little experience fighting this case. Hope it will help you.

nansurabhi said:
rimple75 said:
Hi,

Just wantedto ask u whether ur problem is resolved. Can u please tell me, if yes, because we are also facing same kind of problem.

Thanks
Yes my problem is solved. I lodged a complaint in Banking Ombudsman. after 1 month they called me for hearing and instructed bank to refund my amount along with registration fee and official legal expenses. without spending any amount i got my money back from bank in 3 months. Thanks to Banking Ombudsman, Bangalore. Let me know ur problem. pm me i will try and help you out. got little experience fighting this case. Hope it will help you.
Hi Bro,

I am facing same problem as you faced. Now I am mentally upset since, i have spend 30 lac. I want your help. Can u possible to send your mobile number to discuss.

nansurabhi said:
rimple75 said:
Hi,

Nansurabhi sir, Please can you give your contact number . I desperately need your advice as i am in same kind of situation. or mail me @ ash19854@gmail.com.
Thanks
Ambareesh

nansurabhi said:
skbt78 said:
hi nansurabhi,

can you get me any earlier judgement case reference .. by referring to that case i can get my money back easily from ombudsman..really i am in deep trouble,, i have pledged all my mothers jewellery,, now no money, no jewellery, no site,, only mental agony
Hi bro,

I can imagine your situation as i have gone through the same phase. No need to panic. You have to proceed step by step according to rules and then file a case in banking ombudsman. As i have told you earlier, first write to bank and take a copy of it and wait for their reply. If they do not reply or reply is not satisfactory then mail to nadal officer of that bank and wait for their reply. If you do not get reply in 1 month or if their reply is not satisfactory to you then with all the documents goto banking ombudsman or file a complaint online with all the details. [hr]
i tried calling your number but there was no reply. Anyways, all the best. Proceed according to rules. You are dealing with RBI banking ombudsman. make sure you carry all the documents and go with proper home work. Bangalore ombudsman officers are really very friendly and helpful.
Hi Skbt78, any progress in your case? Can i get your contact number please. I am also facing the same issue. Please mail ash19854@gmail.com
Ambareesh.

I participated in EAuction by SBI, i was suceessful bidder, paid all the amount on time. Now there is some stay on the property by the owner of the property and i am they are unable to do property deed. The bank authorities are just delaying it by saying next hearing and next hearing on and on. They have not even issued sale certificate to us even after 100% payment received.

What shall i do? i do not want the property, i just want my money back

nansurabhi said:
rimple75 said:
Hi,

Thanks

Ekta said:
I participated in EAuction by SBI, i was suceessful bidder, paid all the amount on time. Now there is some stay on the property by the owner of the property and i am they are unable to do property deed. The bank authorities are just delaying it by saying next hearing and next hearing on and on. They have not even issued sale certificate to us even after 100% payment received.

Hello,
Bring this matter to the Regional Manager of SBI in your state by writing detailed email and warn him about complaining to RBI Ombudsman if they fail to transfer the property / to give money back within 30 days. That mail will help you in taking further action against the Bank in future.

nansurabhi said:
rimple75 said:
Hi,

Thanks

Thank you so much for prompt response, They are not giving anything in written, I have already emailed the detail of the things before a week to all the concerned authorities. It is 1 month now. I am paying huge interest. They are saying next week we do property deed, do not worry. and that way they have extended it to one month. I dont know how long it will go

Ekta said:
Thank you so much for prompt response, They are not giving anything in written, I have already emailed the detail of the things before a week to all the concerned authorities. It is 1 month now. I am paying huge interest. They are saying next week we do property deed, do not worry. and that way they have extended it to one month. I dont know how long it will go
Hi, The money you paid to the bank is safe since they haven't executed the sale. While interpreting Rule 8(6) of Security Interest (Enforcement) Rule, 2002, the Bank/Financial Institution is imposed with the accountability to conduct due diligence/make thorough search on any Encumbrances on the assets before the sale. Moreover if at all there is problem in selling the property, or if the Mortgagor(owner of property) appeal DRAT, The Bank may hold your Money until the court judgement which might take years. May i ask you the state of the bank you dealt with? Each banks have their GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL MECHANISM to deal with the customer issues. Write mail to the internal banking Ombudsman probably located in Mumbai office. you will find address in SBI Website. He shall be Principal Nodal officer of the Bank and will directly deal with all complaints referred to by Banking Ombudsman, Reserve Bank of India. If you have already mailed & there is no response from them, write to the RBI ombudsman immediately. RBI ombudsman will summon the Nodal officer and do enquiry & you may ask the written statement during that time.
https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/bs_viewcontent.aspx?Id=164

It is Gujarat, SBI -SARB ahmedabad branch. The story is little complicated and i feel we are unaware of many facts of the property. Two properties are under litigation, one is in gujarat and one in bihar. The bihar property has some stay, we dont know why gujarat property is kept on delay. They are saying we are ready to process the property deed. But i feel it is still not clear, My doubt is even after property deed can the property be in litigation? I have emailed all the authorities but none of them have given anything in written, no reply. They are giving verbal answers. Lawyer from SBI is in communication which i feel is not the authorized person to talk with. Can you tell me how shall i check whether the property title is clear? Or is there any clause they include in property deed which can harm us as buyer? Somewhere SBI authorities are also in pressure.

quote='ambi1044' pid='4819' dateline='1476421549']
Ekta said:
Hi, The money you paid to the bank is safe since they haven't executed the sale. While interpreting Rule 8(6) of Security Interest (Enforcement) Rule, 2002, the Bank/Financial Institution is imposed with the accountability to conduct due diligence/make thorough search on any Encumbrances on the assets before the sale. Moreover if at all there is problem in selling the property, or if the Mortgagor(owner of property) appeal DRAT, The Bank may hold your Money until the court judgement which might take years. May i ask you the state of the bank you dealt with? Each banks have their GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL MECHANISM to deal with the customer issues. Write mail to the internal banking Ombudsman probably located in Mumbai office. you will find address in SBI Website. He shall be Principal Nodal officer of the Bank and will directly deal with all complaints referred to by Banking Ombudsman, Reserve Bank of India. If you have already mailed & there is no response from them, write to the RBI ombudsman immediately. RBI ombudsman will summon the Nodal officer and do enquiry & you may ask the written statement during that time.

[/quote]

Ekta said:
It is Gujarat, SBI -SARB ahmedabad branch. The story is little complicated and i feel we are unaware of many facts of the property. Two properties are under litigation, one is in gujarat and one in bihar. The bihar property has some stay, we dont know why gujarat property is kept on delay. They are saying we are ready to process the property deed. But i feel it is still not clear, My doubt is even after property deed can the property be in litigation? I have emailed all the authorities but none of them have given anything in written, no reply. They are giving verbal answers. Lawyer from SBI is in communication which i feel is not the authorized person to talk with. Can you tell me how shall i check whether the property title is clear? Or is there any clause they include in property deed which can harm us as buyer? Somewhere SBI authorities are also in pressure.

Ekta said:
The bank shall clear All the encumbrances or they should have mention the details of Encumbrance on the Public Auction Notice prior to Sale. The Bank Lawyer always try to persuade you to buy the property, because he was the one who approved the loan to the mortgagor. Since you know that the property is in Litigation, you can Threaten the Bank Manager about filing FIR for cheating. Properties under Bank Auctions are sold on “As is Where is & What is There is Basis” which implies Bank does not take any responsibility regarding Title of the property i.e. on encumbrance front, No liability of Bank. In the event of any legal dispute or any other claim on property, Bank does not indemnify the buyer from same. The complete responsibility of encumbrance rests with Buyer for auctioned properties.

[/quote]

You are right, but the problem here is they are just giving verbal answers and telling us to do property deed, and also they are saying they wont be able to give possesion. Can you guide me any way where i can just ask for refund, they have taken 100% money from me. Is there any authority who takes care of this thing?

ambi1044 said:
Ekta said:

Ekta said:
The bank shall clear All the encumbrances or they should have mention the details of Encumbrance on the Public Auction Notice prior to Sale. The Bank Lawyer always try to persuade you to buy the property, because he was the one who approved the loan to the mortgagor. Since you know that the property is in Litigation, you can Threaten the Bank Manager about filing FIR for cheating. Properties under Bank Auctions are sold on “As is Where is & What is There is Basis” which implies Bank does not take any responsibility regarding Title of the property i.e. on encumbrance front, No liability of Bank. In the event of any legal dispute or any other claim on property, Bank does not indemnify the buyer from same. The complete responsibility of encumbrance rests with Buyer for auctioned properties.

[/quote]

[hr]
U said u lodged a complain against banking ombudsman. What does that mean? I am in a severely bad condition, The bank authorities are only misguiding me, I have written email to all the authorities, and i think that is why to prove themselves right the lawyer and the concerned auction manager are forcing us to sign property deed without possesion.

ambi1044 said:
Ekta said:

Hello,
Bring this matter to the Regional Manager of SBI in your state by writing detailed email and warn him about complaining to RBI Ombudsman if they fail to transfer the property / to give money back within 30 days. That mail will help you in taking further action against the Bank in future.

nansurabhi said:
rimple75 said:
Hi,

Thanks

Means in your case the bank is selling the property without taking physical Possession. File a compliant with RBI Ombudsman immediately since they only have the authority to intervene in this. Mention in the compliant that Bank is selling Litigant property by concealing the truth. Without physical possession its very hard to guess the position of the current occupied person in that property whether he is Tenant or Lessee. These Tenants would resist efforts of the Bank to take possession of the property by contending that they cannot be dispossessed except by following due process of law i.e. after a civil suit/eviction petition has been filed in a regular Civil Court/House Rent Control Court and a decree/order of eviction has been passed. If you take symbolic possession, all those responsibilities for evicting them from that property will fall on your head, which will again take years. Read a below link article which might help you. Best of luck.

http://www.mondaq.com/india/x/358600/charges+mortgages+indemnities/Recent+Supreme+Court+Judgment+A+Shot+In+The+Arm+For+Banks+To+Take+Possession+Of+Secured+Assets+Occupied+By+Tenants

Ekta said:
You are right, but the problem here is they are just giving verbal answers and telling us to do property deed, and also they are saying they wont be able to give possesion. Can you guide me any way where i can just ask for refund, they have taken 100% money from me. Is there any authority who takes care of this thing?

ambi1044 said:
Ekta said:

Ekta said:

[/quote]

Hi, We are not aware of 100% fact, but i came to know that the bank has done auction before some 30 days notice to defaulter so the defaulter has issued complain against bank. The case is in high court. We dont know property status and its litigation. I just want the money back now. It is becoming complicated day by day. In others fights or banks mistake why should i suffer?

Do not go anymore to Bank because any time they might force you to execute sale deed. Meet RBI Ombudsman ASAP . Bank officials surely cannot defend there. Carry a solid proof that the property is in Litigation. There is a court website & you can search the case number by party/respondents name. Party will be surely the borrower/owner of the property. link below.
http://services.ecourts.gov.in/ecourtindia/cases/ki_petres.php?state=D&state_cd=17&dist_cd=13

Hi
I'm also facing similar problem and complained to rbi ombudsman but they are refusing complaint saying they won't take complaints on auction properties..Can you quote your complaint number so that I can show as reference to them..I'm waiting for your reply , my money got struck with bank and I'm in deep troubles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors