complain

Sub:prayer For Kindly Resolving the Issue Of Dispute Over Fake Bill

Sir,
I beg to write that I am a Gold Credit Card holder (No.471861000221xxxx) of AXIS BANK.A fake bill 0f Rs.5606 came to me ,showing purchase on 10,12,13 and 14 December,2010.I was simply dumbfounded and informed them through writing that the purchase was fictitious and it was not related with me or any one on my behalf. Also I telephoned them to add that they could not in any way prove it.In spite of that,they have been pressing me to pay the bill and increasing the amount day by day .Even they have informed me that they would "hand over this case to external collection agencies.........The bank will not be responsible for any consequences".
Since the receipt of that letter ,I have been passing my days and nights in tremendous tension.I am a retired school teacher and love peaceful life .So I find it wise to resort to your assistance for early interference from your Department.
I do hope and believe that you would be kind enough to resolve the issue and free me from my tension.
Awaiting your kind gesture
With warm regards,
Malay Das
credit card no. To
The Secretary,
Ministry Of Consumer Affairs,
Food & Public Distribution,
Dept. Of Consumer Affairs,
Govt. Of India,Krishi Bhaban,
New Delhi-110001.
Sub:prayer For Kindly Resolving the Issue Of Dispute Over Fake Bill
Sir,
I beg to write that I am a Gold Credit Card holder (No.471861000221xxxx) of AXIS BANK.A fake bill 0f Rs.5606 came to me ,showing purchase on 10,12,13 and 14 December,2010.I was simply dumbfounded and informed them through writing that the purchase was fictitious and it was not related with me or any one on my behalf. Also I telephoned them to add that they could not in any way prove it.In spite of that,they have been pressing me to pay the bill and increasing the amount day by day .Even they have informed me that they would "hand over this case to external collection agencies.........The bank will not be responsible for any consequences".
Since the receipt of that letter ,I have been passing my days and nights in tremendous tension.I am a retired school teacher and love peaceful life .So I find it wise to resort to your assistance for early interference from your Department.
I do hope and believe that you would be kind enough to resolve the issue and free me from my tension.
Awaiting your kind gesture
With warm regards,
Malay Das
credit card no. 471861000221xxxx
Dated:
30/ 60B,Attapara Lane
Kolkata-700050
03th October,2011

Attachments

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Mr. Das you are at the right place. Firstly don't mention anywhere your complete credit card number along with the address which is again a serious security risk to you.
Secondly if bank authorities have said that they'd pass your details to collection agencies. This is only (falsely) threatening you. RBI has banned such activities and no more any banks are using any such techniques. A couple of years back it used to happen, but now no more. Don't worry about it. The only option now bank has is to collect the amount through Court order.
Secondly your outstanding amount is increasing every month. This is not legal. At most the court will ask you to pay dues of outstanding amount+ 1 month penalty for default and as usual 8% interest per year on the outstanding.

About the Rs. 5606 amount outstanding, I'm clear that someone has done fraud using your card or card number and Axis bank has nothing to do anything with it. This is how credit card works around the globe.
What you can do is
  • Hotlist your card immediately
  • First ask for chargeback by submitting a formal letter in Axis bank if the transaction was done online and not by swiping. This is stipulated time limit for doing this.
  • Ask Axis bank from where the transaction was done like address of shop. Could be you only made this transaction say in petrol pump etc.
  • This is a fraud case so you should file a police complaint but it is a different story that police will not register FIR for such small matter and they need bribe to do any work
  • Pay the dues (Rs. 5606) to bank. Call them and they will remove all fines over the amount Rs. 5606 and then cancel the card. Don't go for credit card if you can't keep it secured.
Trust me if I were in your position I'd have done exactly this way. Axis bank has nothing to do with this fraud and this fraud has happened( I'm 100.000% sure) because of you not taking appropriate security steps.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors