samsung microwave service support

i purcahsed a samsung microwave C103FL-5 in May 2006. However it became unserviceable within 1 month of purchase; service engineer visited and changed the components. It took 5 days and nil expenditure. Then again it became unserviceable in Oct 2007. This time it was out of warranty so service engineer visited and fixed it. it took 7 days and 2500/-. After that it remained packed for 2 yrs as i am in transeferable job and did not had the opportunity to use microwave. I started using it in Aug 2010 is and now in jun 2011 it has again become unserviceable.
This time service engineer visited after 1 week of hectic calling to their call centre and local service centre. He went back stating few parts are needed. 1 week passed. Again after hectic calling of 1 more week another service engineer visited, checked it and told us Power Circuit Board and Membrane are needed but they are not available anywhere in India. If the purchase was within 5 yrs the samsung company provides a commercial solution, that is company will buy back your old microwave at a reduced cost; but since 5 yrs completed in May 2011 so i do not have that option. So i am stuck with an unserviceable microwave which i am reluctant to throw in a river and i do not know what to do with it. Lessons :
(i) After sales and support service is very important for any domestic electronic product and Samsung's after sales service is a big Joke.
(ii) While buying a microwave buy only the one with functions which u need. Do not unnecessarily buy one with all the functions because apart from the initial cost, later on u will pay to maintain it also.
(iii) If u r contemplating between LG and Samsung, go for LG just because of their unmatched after sales support.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the problem. But after warranty it's not company's headache. You can get it repaired at other private centers too but most likely they'd do with poor quality. You should not call service center. Get a complaint number from all India Samsung customer care. Without a complaint number you're wasting time...
But Samsung is a decent company!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors