harassment & cheating when winning Rs. 2.2 lacs in LG Scratch card

The Managing Director
LG Electronics India Pvt. Ltd.
Plot No. 51, Surajpur Kasna Road,
Greater NOIDA – 201306 (UP)

Dear Sir,

I have purchased one LG 42” LED Television on 06th October 2011 ATTRACTED with your advertisement of 3D jackpot, from Croma, Saket, New Delhi, vide Bill No.SLF02a04201003128. .

As per your advertisements assuring gift with every purchase, I requested Croma to provide Scratch Card against purchase made by me. However, it was informed that, the LG has not supplied the Scratch Cards and has assured to provide the Scratch Card with in one or two days. On my further follow up it was told to me that LG make false advertisement to lure the customers to increase the sales during festival season. On my constant follow up , after repeatedly visiting the showroom and lastly on threatening of legal action they had provided the same on 26.10.2011 I ,e after 20 days of purchase..

To our pleasant surprise, I won the 3D Jackpot worth Rs.2,20,000.00 as per your scheme on your scratch card no520443., Immediately LG Office was informed by Croma Saket by their store In charge MR Pankaj..LG demanded the original documents and Draft for Rs37171. We deposited all the original documents along with draft no060339 drawn on HDFC bank, . on 28/10/2011,which were acknowledged by . Mr. Deepak.

I was promised by Mr. Sonal ( Mobile no-9873338372, the person who identified himself as the in charge sales LG, that the delivery of 3D Jackpot items will be made with in a day or two, further, he has also checked with the store and confirmed that he has processed the orders and either on Saturday(29-10) or Monday(31-10) we will receive the goods.

Since, Monday(31.10) I had been following up with Mr. Sonal and other LG officials for the delivery of goods , and every time he promised to deliver the goods the next day On 3rd November, 2011, Mr Sonal has informed me on 3rd Nov that TV and Laptop are ready and will be delivered by evening, and assured that that even if no conveyance is available he will deliver it in his own car. , I also brought the case in the notice of Ms. Shabnum , Customer Service Head to do the needful on 9th of this month but of little use..

Every day we have been fooled by your company on one pretext or the other and till date the goods as per the Jackpot were not delivered to us.

I understand that LG being a consumer goods leader, having corporate policy to attract the customer and to give customer satisfaction but unfortunately due to the vested interest of some of the intermediaries / lower level staff, it has lead to utter displeasure of the customer and no action is taken in this regards it may lead to further customer dis satisfaction.
I have preserved all the conversation / documents between me and different officials, on behalf of LG over phone/writing and will be produced in the consumer forum / Law enforcing agencies/media/print media while filing cheating / harassment/misrepresentation case, in case of need.

I once again request to deliver the goods as per the package immediately, for which I am waiting for more than a month , failing which I will be constrained to take the case to Print Media, Electronic Media and initiate legal / other remedies under different law enforcing agencies at your cost, risk and responsibility.

Yours sincerely

(Shiv Kumar Gupta)
C-184, 1st Floor
Sarvodaya Enclave
New Delhi – 110 017.

Mob. 9971720777.
Ph. No. 011 - 26102405

expert

Administrator
Staff member
RE: harassment & cheating when winning in Scratch card

Announcing this reward and make winner of the award run helter-skelter impatiently to claim it simply devalues it. LG should give you now at least Rs. 5 lac reward instead of 2.2 lacs.

LG would have increased its business by Rs. 1000 crore by luring customers using scratch card rewards but for paying a winner Rs.2,20,000 which is a small amount, true face of LG is exposed.
Next Diwali when LG runs this same "scratch & win" government should make it mandatory for LG to carry this case to be read by all its customers in India.

It is good to know how such giant companies take customers for granted.

Shouldn't LG fire off the personnel responsible for disbursing this amount?

I'd advise you to go to consumer forum without taking any lawyer. Call all the media personnel which in any case is very good story even for national news.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors