electrical damage unresolved popular hyundai

I Ashwin have such a bad experience with POPULAR Hyundai (nirmankara, TRIVANDRUM, KERALA). I previously had a Santro, bought and sold to the same dealer and exchanged it with new i10 1.2 magna after 5years on November 2011. Within one month of purchase I found some electrical problems and it continued. Usually it’s my mom who drives the car and it belongs to her.

In brief I will explain what happened to my car so far.

• November 2011- Month of purchase.
  • December 2011- Horn got damaged and replaced.
  • May 2012- Battery got damaged and replaced.
  • June 2012- Electrical damage which result in stop working of turn indicators.
  • August 2012- Replaced Battery went down.
  • October 2012-replaced battery went down for the 2nd time.
  • December 2012- Electrical damage resulted in working of all turn indicators without switching it on.
  • February 2013- Replaced battery damaged and bought 3rd new battery + Center locking system damaged +stopped functioning of power windows.

If I don’t use my car for not more than 10 days I will face the above mentioned battery problems for sure. I can’t believe why this is happening to my car. So far, driven approx 5,000 km in between 3 new batteries and such problems has arose. There are situation when my mom was stuck inside the car without even unable to come out because of failure of center locking system and power windows and had to wait for more than 1 and half hour for the helpline to come which is nearly 6km away from their service center.

These people are purely careless for their service and customers. They are least bothered and unable to solve the issue. If my car fails to start for the 5th time they will surely take a chance again and again and will change/charge the battery or solve the issue for the time sake and repair it and leave. Instead of solving the issue these people are begging for the trouble and convince me that my car is perfect and they could find any problems in the wiring. So it’s me who is becoming fool in front of them waiting for next damage and begging them for help for my brand new car. I have a feeling that my car has a manufacturing defect.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
But now the warranty period(1 year) seems to be over.

Did you not take opinion from car mechanic shops in your area except for the company authorized service centers?

i have extended the warranty to 3years. the reason why i don't want to give to other service center because i don't want the dealer to blame me for giving to others as i don't want to be answerable for them.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
You can take free/paid consultation from any experienced mechanic but yes they should not open the parts as it can void 3 year warranty.

I'd suggest you serve a simple notice to take the company/service center to consumer forum. Simple notice will do. Send a copy to Hyundai Delhi office too. They will then act.

I see clearly that Hyundai is not able to repair your car. In that case Court can ask them to refund your money with interest. Yours is a clear cut case. The company can't make you run non-stop for the same problem.

Instead of running behind them, this is the right time to file complaint in consumer court. :)

couple of days back have i have registered 3rd complaint to Hyundai and what they will surely do is they will ask the same service dealer to check and its meaning less :dodgy: . so i informed them that am forwarding it with my lawyer along with the complaint and details :)

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Why go for lawyer? Save your precious money. You can fight yourself in consumer court. It is simple. It does not require any legal procedure or terminology.

If you go for a lawyer(unless he is your relative) there is good chance of you getting misdirected and spend much more money.

Secondly Hyundai's lawyers are free for them, since they are on contract per year whether they handle 1 or 100 cases per year. I expect their stiff opposition to your complaint in the court. But your problem is clear and simple. So you'll win most likely.

i purely agree with all your statement which is true :) i myself have a family lawyer like Hyundai where i dont want want go be behind this issue directly :shy:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors