Un-informed activation of services.

Hi,

This is Akshit Choudhary. I carry a reliance prepaid number i.e. 7827575159. Today i got a msg that the service of mitti ke rang has been renewed on my cell. I never ever remember of activatin this service on my network. And they deducted Rs. 30 from my account. Next big thing, i called up customer care and found out that i have currently 3 services activated on my number. And the person speaking on the fone said that i'm entitled to cancel only the mitti ke rang service for which i can get the money back but for other two i wont be getting it back. The other two services has been activated on my account from june and i nevr got any activation msg or any kind or service renewal message. A simple suggestion to AMBANI's......"if you cant get attractive schemes and if you are really out of the business then pl dont cut other's pocket to refill the loss"......Something very strange is going on here, i got the msg in june that mitti ke rang service is now active on my number and that very moment i cancelled its subscription for which i got a msg too. But again people from the reliance's side are activating it again and again and that too without the consent of customer.

In simple lines, its too irritating to use reliance as a service provider now. I work in GEA Westfalia Separators Ltd in the very heart of delhi and believe my words, i'll spread the negative publicity for these reliance guys like anything, not only in my corporate circle but also in my other aquaintances too......Everytime reliance see my balance more than 200, they activate some or the other scheme on my number.
Well lastly i just want the reliance company people to compensate me with the recovery of all the money they took out of my balance as i'm working way too hard to earn this money and i'm in no mood to flip it to these money sucking agencies.
Money accounting for three months of activation of three services which will cost to 30 x 3 x 3 = 270.
Mr. Ambani, u have already lost the hold in the business and by doing these things you are now losing the morale and the business ethics as well......
Pl return my money back to my account.

Akshit.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Akshit this is unfortunate and looks like a service issue. I suggest you make a customer complaint first by taking a complaint number, wait 2-3 weeks till its resolution and then send the complaint to Relaince Nodal Officer.
Let us see what happens. Moreover it costs little for you to follow this procedure.
I'm sure senior people should see the problem and it'll be rectified.
Don't give up!

I won't give up and this is not the first time its happening. But anyways will surely get a complaint lodged in their system. I'm damn sure i'll need to proceed to the nodal officers as these people wont be able to do anything at their level.
Thanx for the help.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Take care to file and follow complaints using right procedure and the legal time frame. Otherwise you'll have repeat whole procedure from beginning.

Just had a talk with the customer care and they told that for this month they have refunded the money for only single service. And bigger than this is the thing that now i came to know that they (cust. care ppl) lied to me and its not 3 but 4 services activated on my account. They said that they are now not activated and they cant log a complaint against anything as the services are now off and they have paid me the single refund for only a single service but no account for the money is made which has been cut from my account for past two months on 4 services which were active on my no without my consent.
I guess its high time and probably i should be directly talking to nodal officer about this.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
No. Without following normal complaint procedure your complaint to Nodal office will not be legally binding and most probably thrown off in the dustbin without your knowledge.
Even consumer court may not help you in this. So first follow correct complaint mechanism procedure set by the company otherwise you'll be frustrated for no reply.
Be patient, get the complaint number, wait for its resolution and then only go for Nodal officer. You can't directly go to the Nodal officer.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
What do the customer care people say?
Also try calling from any other non-Reliance number to the customer care number. Dial 30334343 and prefix with your city STD code.
There is also one DoT online complaint form where you can file complaint.

Got the refund...... i don't know how they calculated it but atleast i'm happy that they did look into the matter......as they didnt lodged my complained, i directly wrote to nodal officer about everything and the next day i got call from chennai regarding this and my complain was lodged and then finally got the waiver.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
That's good. I'm very happy. It is finally win for all of us who are ordinary consumers.
Now you can migrate using another provider if you want.

It had happened with me many times so finally decided to port my SIM and now worries of other service activation. Reliance had charged my for services which I never activated, I have lost around 2k rupees. Reliance should be banned for these things now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors