Tata Sky horror

I have been a Tata sky customer since 2006 and was quite happy with their professionalism them. Last 2-3 years however have been a different story. Their telecallers are rude, do not understand the customer's query and all they do is harp about what they have been asked to sell - even for a service query.
I upgraded from a normal SD connection to an HD connection last March and retained by old SD box thinking I will connect it either in my mom's place or in another room in my household, only thing was I wasn't sure of the timeline. I was assured that I would be able to do so anytime I wanted.
Its been exactly 11 mths to this and now I called the helpline to set up an installation appointment. They kept on routing the query to the team who sells new boxes saying that all old boxes are defunct and I will have to purchase a new box if I wanted a new connection. Finally after much head banging the installation team turned up...he was told its a relocation request!
He saw my box and claimed it will not work...after going through the same story and veiled threats, he made a show of checking the box and claimed that the card and the adapter are missing and I will have to buy a new box if I want a functional 2nd connection.
All that was given by the installation team last year has been retained in that box and he had no business taking away my card/adaptor.
Also the whole business of making customers buy new boxes all the time leaves a bad taste in the mouth. So also it tantamounts to cheating.
Am shocked that a company of Tata brand can get down to such petty tricks.

You can address your complaint to tata sky’s official handle @tatasky. They will arrange for a callback and assist you accordingly. I once faced an issue where I paid for the package amount but my account was de-activated. I tweeted regarding this complaint and tata sky immediately responded to my tweet. All I had to do is submit my subscriber ID. The customer service team instantly gave a callback and my account was activated. I suggest you too should provide your subscriber ID either here or tweet regarding your issue with this complaint link. I am sure they will look into your matter and provide appropriate resolution.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors