Surrender of Tatkal Passport Due to Adverse Police Report

Hi All,

Today I receive the same letter(Tatkal Passport Surrendered Due to Adverse Police Report) from passport office patna.
Please let me know, can I surreneder my passport to any nearest passport offices?.

Ok will do. But my issue is currently I am in Mumbai and not able to reach Patna before 9-July-2012. In letter it is mentioned that I have to submit it within 21 days.
Please advice.

I have applied for Passport in October 2009 at Patna RPO. I got my
Passport(No. H7925064) in October 2009 through tatkal scheme(File
No. PATA11050909/4315/12) from Patna RPO.

Today(15-June-2012) I got a notice , I dont know why I got adverse report as I submitted
all the documents and the police officer was satisfied and even we asked our local police station officer he said everything is ok. So I was hoping that verification is done.

I am attaching the scan copy of the letter which I received Today it does not show any relevant marked pointfor adverse police report, at last only i can see in blue ink that "you are not recommended.".[hr]
[attachment=18]

Attachments

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Can you please tell me which reason is selected from (a) to (g) in your letter? I don't see any one selected.

Yes Sir,
No reason have been selected from (a) to (g) in letter. At bottom of the letter in blue ink they have written that "You are not recommended." .

expert

Administrator
Staff member
You need to submit a letter asking for reason in the police report.
Along with it you need to submit PP form also with your all old/new passports, address proof etc for new police verification along with copies of them.

You can send these by speedpost too to Passport office.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the letter you need to send along with Passport PP Form:

Passport Officer,
Patna

(Grant of passport Facilities)

D/Sir
Kindly refer to your letter dated 15/05/2012 received on June 2012. Kindly intimate the reason of my adverse report given by the police since no reason was check-marked by you(as attached). I am again inclosing fresh P.P Form duly completed along with all related documents for early issue of re-police verification on the address given in the P P Form.

Thanking You,

Hi Sir,
I surrendered my passport along with PP form and notarised affidavit mentioning my reason for police reverification.
I am waiting for re verification by police.

Hi,

I am facing a similar issue. Please see the attached file for a snapshot of letter. The letter suggests surrender of passport, as I am not residing on the address mentioned. I am currently in Hyderabad, while the passport is made on my Madhya Pradesh address from Bhopal office. Can I surrender the passport at Hyderabad office and apply for a fresh passport from here itself? please suggest me an appropriate response or connect me to an expert.

Attachments

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors