Smartbyte Data Usage.

Hi there my name is frank nd my airtel lanline number is 044-42818121 and I use a 8 mbs on a 80gb fup limit plan for 2099 rupees for the month, the billing cycle is usually on the 25 or the 26th of every month for me.. After the September billing cycle started post the 25th of aug, I received a notice informing me on the the 7th that I had used up my default data of 80gb for the month, at first I was surprised that I had completed my quota so soon but as I now work from home I assumed that could be the reason, On the 8th of September I had made a smartbyte purchase of 25GB intending to last me for atleast the next 2 weeks or hopefully till my next billing cycle.. all my usage and downloads since I made the smartbyte purchase has been premeditated and calculated before hand to keep my usage in-check but on the 11th of September I received a notice on my browser informing that I had completed my 25gb Usage withing that 4 days.. I was initially shocked and in disbelief so I immediately checked on the airtel website in myaccount option I cross checked the data usage information as provided by them, I added every byte since the 7th of sep (pre to making the purchase) nd the total since the 11th was not more than 15gb used, nd this was info provided by their website.. Now feeling cheated and angry I called the customer service team, Informed them about my situation in detail, the call was transferred to an escalation team who informed me that the only solution to my problem was for me to send them a mail with a screen shot of the page/site containing the data usage info since the purchase nd they would send me a reply mail within a day, this apparently was the only way to for them to cross check the info while I am left suffering with a low speed connection.. The next day (12th or today) I received a mail in reply to mine saying nd I quote...
airtel regrets the inconvenience you may have experienced.

The matter has been investigated and further processing and auditing reveals that the DSL usage.

To prevent any misuse of your DSL connection please take care of the following:
- Ensure that the PC is free of virus and spy ware. It¿s important that the Anti Virus software installed is an updated one.
- Ensure that the Modem / Wifi is off when the internet is not in use
- Ensure frequent changing and confidentiality of your password
- To understand/ monitor your usage, register for '121' on ww.airtel.in

Thank you so much for choosing to continue with airtel. We welcome your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Ramani Yayyasi
Customer Care.

Which OF Course has no answer as to what the investigation reveals nd Im still left with no answer.. Im convinced that Im being fooled by airtel or there could be a computing or server error to which Im the one paying the price, I honestly feel like im being tortured by the process involved in trying to get an answer thro the customer service team and their methods involved in trying to find a solution.. I would greatly appreciate an Outside opinion on how to handle my situation, Im left with the option of either not paying the difference in the airtel bill nd airtel eats my head by sending bills till im dead or admitting Ive used the data by paying the the difference when Obviously that's not the case.. either way ill be disconnecting my broad band ofc..

Facing the same problem.
More here: http://forum.indiaconsumercomplaints.com/Thread-Inflates-Braodband-usage-and-then-reduces-the-speed-to-min?pid=2958#pid2958

same with me. I am a new user for last two month I am facing this issue, within 4-5 days I get the 80% usage alert. I have a 80 GB limit but I was surprised with this alerts as most of the time the internet gets slow and even on one day it was down (due to cable issue) still that day also I am seeing usage. at one time I saw a usage of 2 GB within 1 hr, even I don't believe their speed it so much that it can download 2gb in 1 hr. also upload is showing at times as 700 MB - don't know what I uploaded in this period. Worst it shows usage on night times also when I am asleep. it includes upload and download both which is not fair compared to other providers.

another complaint 2: their sales representative told that installation charges will be adjusted in 4 month cycle and you don't have to pay anything, which didn't happen in 2 bills, I am lodging a complaint for that. also 1000 they took for installation they are adding that to the first bill and calculating service tax on that and gave me a inflated bill for the first month. I am surprised because they have not told me anything about this.

Goliath said:
Hi there my name is frank nd my airtel lanline number is 044-42818121 and I use a 8 mbs on a 80gb fup limit plan for 2099 rupees for the month, the billing cycle is usually on the 25 or the 26th of every month for me.. After the September billing cycle started post the 25th of aug, I received a notice informing me on the the 7th that I had used up my default data of 80gb for the month, at first I was surprised that I had completed my quota so soon but as I now work from home I assumed that could be the reason, On the 8th of September I had made a smartbyte purchase of 25GB intending to last me for atleast the next 2 weeks or hopefully till my next billing cycle.. all my usage and downloads since I made the smartbyte purchase has been premeditated and calculated before hand to keep my usage in-check but on the 11th of September I received a notice on my browser informing that I had completed my 25gb Usage withing that 4 days.. I was initially shocked and in disbelief so I immediately checked on the airtel website in myaccount option I cross checked the data usage information as provided by them, I added every byte since the 7th of sep (pre to making the purchase) nd the total since the 11th was not more than 15gb used, nd this was info provided by their website.. Now feeling cheated and angry I called the customer service team, Informed them about my situation in detail, the call was transferred to an escalation team who informed me that the only solution to my problem was for me to send them a mail with a screen shot of the page/site containing the data usage info since the purchase nd they would send me a reply mail within a day, this apparently was the only way to for them to cross check the info while I am left suffering with a low speed connection.. The next day (12th or today) I received a mail in reply to mine saying nd I quote...
airtel regrets the inconvenience you may have experienced.

The matter has been investigated and further processing and auditing reveals that the DSL usage.

To prevent any misuse of your DSL connection please take care of the following:
- Ensure that the PC is free of virus and spy ware. It¿s important that the Anti Virus software installed is an updated one.
- Ensure that the Modem / Wifi is off when the internet is not in use
- Ensure frequent changing and confidentiality of your password
- To understand/ monitor your usage, register for '121' on ww.airtel.in

Thank you so much for choosing to continue with airtel. We welcome your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Ramani Yayyasi
Customer Care.

Which OF Course has no answer as to what the investigation reveals nd Im still left with no answer.. Im convinced that Im being fooled by airtel or there could be a computing or server error to which Im the one paying the price, I honestly feel like im being tortured by the process involved in trying to get an answer thro the customer service team and their methods involved in trying to find a solution.. I would greatly appreciate an Outside opinion on how to handle my situation, Im left with the option of either not paying the difference in the airtel bill nd airtel eats my head by sending bills till im dead or admitting Ive used the data by paying the the difference when Obviously that's not the case.. either way ill be disconnecting my broad band ofc..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors