Reliance Digital cheating consumers with resQ Care plan.

I purchased a HTC ONE from Reliance Digital on 11th August 2013. Along with the mobile I was very happy to also purchase an extended Warranty program called resQ Care. It is really really important nowadays to get an extended warranty as the mobile phones have become really expensive.
However all my joy came to a abrupt halt when my HTC ONE refused to start one day (20th February 2015). I gave it to the HTC Customer Care and found that the Main board, lower board and battery had given up. As my phone was 1year and 6 months old, the warranty had expired but Hey! the extended Warranty program from Reliance was still there and it covered my phone for the motherboard and charging socket till 11th August 2015. I was so happy that I had bought the resQ Care plan.

Unfortunately my happiness was short lived and turned into a nightmare with Reliance staff made me do rounds to showroom and service center again and again. I have till date made around 10 visits to both showroom and service center inspite of busy schedule at office.
First the technicians at the Service Center told me that my product is not even registerd with Reliance..!!!! He asked me to go to showroom and get it registered. After 1 days, the showroom guys told me that the mobile is not registerd.
Now unfortunately, my screen had broken in around september 2014. The service center guys took advantage of this and told me that they cannot receive this device as the screen is broken. Only the showroom staff can receive this. When I approached the Showroom, they told me that only service center technicians can receive this and not the showroom staff. They made me go round and round many times.
I was so frustrated that I got both the parties on call and finally it was decided that the technicians at the Service Center only would receive this.
Now the technicians came up with another excuse. They kept telling me that they will not receive the device as the screen is broken and that it is written in the T&C that a broken device wouldn't be received. I showed them the T&C and no-where it is written like that. In the T&C, it is written that if the device is malfunctioning due to the damage, then it will not be covered under the warranty and the damage will not be covered under warranty. I told them that I don't want the screen to be repaired under warranty, just the main board and lower board. But alas, they won't fix it. They won't even consider preparing documents on it and wouldn't receive the device at all.

I asked them if they would receive my device if I got the screen fixed by myself. But they replied NO with a cunning smile.

What I don't understand is that if the they didn't want to fix the device, why provide the extended warranty program at all..!!!
I am really really frustrated and want to approach Consumer Court over this matter.

Regretting my decision of buying the mobile from Reliance Digital.
Jay Tanwar

Dear Jay Tanwar,

We regret the inconvenience caused. Our team is looking into the matter and will get in touch with you to provide necessary assistance. We appreciate your patience in this regards.

Warm Regards,
Reliance Digital

Reliance Digital said:
Dear Jay Tanwar,

We regret the inconvenience caused. Our team is looking into the matter and will get in touch with you to provide necessary assistance. We appreciate your patience in this regards.

Warm Regards,
Reliance Digital
I'm not sure how much time your team needs to look into this matter.
Probably they are just waiting for the time when the insurance time expires so that you can just get away with this.
Such a pathetic service.
I don't need your appreciation. I need my mobile repaired under your resQ scheme. Can you get that done? Or do you just want me to believe your words which are never converted to actions..!!?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors