Poor service from TataSky

On March 24 2013, on switching on my TV I found that my TataSky+ HD connection was malfunctioning. So I called the helpline on the 24th, in the evening. I explained the problem and I was told that it was a software problem and therefore, a technician will be sent the next day to set things right. I was told that the technician will come home at about 10:00 am on the 25th.

The so-called Mr Technician finally arrived on March 26, at 01:30pm, this after repeated phone calls and follow-up during the intervening hours. Worse I had to be at home for all this time just in case the Mr Technician kindly drops in!

Then, Mr Technician wanted Rs 350 to fix the problem which was a malfunctioning component on the sat-dish antenna. When I refused to pay without a bill, he quietly said it will be charged to my account. On March 27, I found that I have been charged Rs 75 for replacing the component and Rs 150 for Mr Technician’s visit.

Now, in end of December 2012, the TataSky people on their own had changed the sat-dish antenna because they wanted to install a double-cable system. With the component failing in three months’ time I am now being forced to pay for its failure. I was told that the component comes with no warranty; that comes as no surprise because TataSky is obviously using components of sub-standard quality to cut corners. More galling is I am being asked to pay Rs 150 for Mr Technician’s visit, which happened more than 24 hours late! Shouldn’t TataSky compensate me for wasting an entire day while waiting for the technician?

In the past I had been happy with the prompt service provided by TataSky, and in fact I had recommended them to many friends. Now I find the quality of their service has deteriorated precipitously; the call centre people manning the helplines are least helpful in trying to solve a customer’s problem – they don’t even want to understand the problem ill-trained as they are in communication etiquette. And the out-sourced field service team doesn’t even bother to keep time. In short, I presume with success, TataSky has started taking their customer for granted as most Indian businesses do. And to think of it, this is a TATA company!:mad:

gene

I purchased a Tata sky conn online on the 31st March. The installation was very prompt. But the conn. could not be started ( technician's comment) so they said they would come back the next day. ON the 2nd april when they arrived. they tried for 4 hours but failed. i lodged a complaint the same day again but today is the 4th april and as yet there is no news of the connection being started.

I suggest that no one use this company as the service is very unreliable and the technicians are picked up from the street and not given any formal training. It has been a harrowing experience and does not befit a Tata company.

A Ghosh said:
On March 24 2013, on switching on my TV I found that my TataSky+ HD connection was malfunctioning. So I called the helpline on the 24th, in the evening. I explained the problem and I was told that it was a software problem and therefore, a technician will be sent the next day to set things right. I was told that the technician will come home at about 10:00 am on the 25th.

The so-called Mr Technician finally arrived on March 26, at 01:30pm, this after repeated phone calls and follow-up during the intervening hours. Worse I had to be at home for all this time just in case the Mr Technician kindly drops in!

Then, Mr Technician wanted Rs 350 to fix the problem which was a malfunctioning component on the sat-dish antenna. When I refused to pay without a bill, he quietly said it will be charged to my account. On March 27, I found that I have been charged Rs 75 for replacing the component and Rs 150 for Mr Technician’s visit.

Now, in end of December 2012, the TataSky people on their own had changed the sat-dish antenna because they wanted to install a double-cable system. With the component failing in three months’ time I am now being forced to pay for its failure. I was told that the component comes with no warranty; that comes as no surprise because TataSky is obviously using components of sub-standard quality to cut corners. More galling is I am being asked to pay Rs 150 for Mr Technician’s visit, which happened more than 24 hours late! Shouldn’t TataSky compensate me for wasting an entire day while waiting for the technician?

In the past I had been happy with the prompt service provided by TataSky, and in fact I had recommended them to many friends. Now I find the quality of their service has deteriorated precipitously; the call centre people manning the helplines are least helpful in trying to solve a customer’s problem – they don’t even want to understand the problem ill-trained as they are in communication etiquette. And the out-sourced field service team doesn’t even bother to keep time. In short, I presume with success, TataSky has started taking their customer for granted as most Indian businesses do. And to think of it, this is a TATA company!:mad:
You can address your complaint to tata sky’s official handle @tatasky. Their components usually come with warranty. I once faced an issue where I paid for the package amount but my account was de-activated. I tweeted regarding this complaint and tata sky immediately responded to my tweet. All I had to do is submit my subscriber ID. The customer service team instantly gave a callback and my account was activated. I suggest you too should provide your subscriber ID either here or tweet regarding your issue with this complaint link. I am sure they will look into your matter secure and assist you accordingly.

[hr]
gene said:
I purchased a Tata sky conn online on the 31st March. The installation was very prompt. But the conn. could not be started ( technician's comment) so they said they would come back the next day. ON the 2nd april when they arrived. they tried for 4 hours but failed. i lodged a complaint the same day again but today is the 4th april and as yet there is no news of the connection being started.

I suggest that no one use this company as the service is very unreliable and the technicians are picked up from the street and not given any formal training. It has been a harrowing experience and does not befit a Tata company.
You must address your complaint to tata sky's official handle at @tataSky. They will assist you in activating your connection. I suggest you should provide your subscriber ID either here or tweet regarding your issue with this complaint link. I am sure they will look into your matter secure and activate your connection asap.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors