Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average

Police re-verification report untraceable after passport surrender after adverse

21-08-2012, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2012 07:37 PM by Expert.)
Police re-verification report untraceable after passport surrender after adverse
Hi I'm also now facing the same passport issue. In 2010 I got passport by TATKAL in RPO Trichy(Tamilnadu). After two years, I received a notice from passport office saying that I've not appeared for police inquiry. So I surrendered the passport with stay proof and PP forms.

Now my file has been processed for re-verification and I completed the verification on 01 June 2012. But till now I didn't see any progress in my status. What I've to do now? When I approach the RPOffice, they are saying that they have not received any reports from police office. When I approach the police office they are saying that they've sent my report.
I don't know whom should i contact to get it resolved
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2012, 02:52 PM
RE: Police re-verification report untraceable after passport surrender after adverse
I'll get you expert reply tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

It is not the amount that matters. It is more of my self-respect as an educated consumer!Shy
22-08-2012, 05:32 PM
RE: Police re-verification report untraceable after passport surrender after adverse
Thank you. Please come up with the best approach soon
23-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Get the dispatch serial number from Police station, then write a letter to Passport officer with serial number requesting them to issue passport to you.
In this case no need to pay bribe to Police.

It is not the amount that matters. It is more of my self-respect as an educated consumer!Shy
23-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Hi, I already received the express parcel post no from police in which they have sent my report. I already queried passport official by mentioning the post no with my adverse report no. But the passport officials are repeatedly saying that they have not received clear police reports. I don't know who is lying here?
23-08-2012, 09:40 PM
What is the meaning of "clear police reports"?

25-08-2012, 11:20 PM
As a final resort you can use RTI to get information easily( if you don't want to pay bribe)

18-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Hi Vishnu,

I was also in the same position.. Did u got back the passport?.. How long it takes to get the report from Chennai and release the passport. Please reply if u have got the passport back.
18-07-2013, 08:48 PM
(18-07-2013 02:35 PM)nthangaraj Wrote:  Hi Vishnu,

I was also in the same position.. Did u got back the passport?.. How long it takes to get the report from Chennai and release the passport. Please reply if u have got the passport back.

S. I got my passport back after reverification. It took 1 month

I think chennai police won't delay in sending report. Ok..did u surrender the passport and applied for re-verification? Cz within three days from applying fr reverification, your report will go to the police station. You need to appear police station with the references you mentioned in the re-verification form