Placing the outdoor unit of my split ac

Hello friends,

I stay in an apartment in 1st floor.
I have 1.5Ton Samsung Split AC and while installing it in one of my room. AC installation guy gave me 2 options for placing the outdoor unit.

Option 1:
Placing the outdoor unit in the root of the apartment. In this case the copper wiring needed is around 10 to 12 meters.

Option 2
Placing the outdoor unit at a height below the indoor unit(Wall mounting). Copper wiring needed in this case is around 6 mtrs. In this case the outdoor unit can be accessible from ground floor itself in case of any service.

I am little bit confused where to place the outdoor unit. to reduce the loss of cooling, i am aware to keep the distance between indoor and outdoor unit to minimum. Placing the outdoor unit at a level below the indoor unit(option 2) need 6 mtrs of copper wiring which is less when compared to placing the outdoor unit in roof(need 10 to 12 mtrs of copper wire). But i think if the outdoor unit is kept at a level below the indoor unit, some of the compressor power is used in pumping the refrigerant against the gravity, thus reducing the overall performance of the compressor. Considering this factor if i choose option 1(in roof), the distance between indoor and outdoor unit become nearly 12 mtrs. Please suggest me and would appreciate advice from anyone. Thanks a lot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors