Pathetic after Sales Support from LG (New 42" TV developed faults within 2 months)

I am writing this post to highlight the bad experience I had with both -- LG products as well as the PATHETIC level of after sales support being provided (OR SHALL I SAY THE LACK OF SUPPORT being provisioned).
I bought 42” LG LED Smart TV ( Model no 42LS5700 ATR ) on 4th August 2012 . Within a month of the purchase , the product started giving intermittent troubles ( bad display with coloured bars appearing on the screen ) The problem persisted for a day and then the TV started working for a few days.. On & Off this problem used to occur and then used to disappear after 3 to 5 minutes..

I logged in a complaint with the LG customer care ( RNA121104045760 )and the complaint first got attended during the first week of November-12. The problem however re-occurred within 24 hours of the repair being carried out by LG's service engineer.

Another complaint was logged , the engineer serviced the set again, however the fault persisted and re-appeared.

A Third complaint was logged on November 7th -2012 – this time I was told that some part needs to be replaced and is not in stock. It’s been more than 10 days now , I am being given the same story every day that the part is expected in a day, however neither the repairs have been carried out NOR any standby TV set has been provided to me despite my request for the same…

To highlight the quality of customer service & support – I was made to chase service and support staff, they kept promising me on resolution dates, however none of them ever bothered to call back to update me the status in spite of their failure to meet their own promised deadlines.

Highly disappointed and frustrated , I even attempted to contact their Service Center Head however her number used to be either busy or kept ringing and no attempt was made to call back..
:( :mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors