Makemytrip horror

:mad:I am still shocked and trying to come to terms with the experience I had with Makemytrip. The last almost 18 hours was filled with tense moments for me as my mother was lost in an international airport after missing her connection flight. My mother is a senior citizen and didn’t carry a mobile phone. Till this hour Makemytrip did not bother to inform me the status of her unscheduled change by the Qatar airlines, even after my repeated requests by emails, complaints and on the phone from 6 o clock in the evening yesterday, speaking with various customer care people of Makemytrip. According to her eticket she had to land at Cochin airport at 3 am. From three o clock we are at the airport, she was not on that flight and we had to return back home. I stay in Kottayam almost 90 kilometres away from Cochin airport. My mother came around in an Emirates flight instead of a Qatar airways and she took a taxi from Cochin airport to Kottayam as we did not know about her whereabouts and time of her landing. She reached around afternoon at home. She was traumatised after the whole incident.

Now I got a mail from Makemytrip saying “ for any assistance we are available round the clock on our toll free number 1-800-11-8747 (MTNL/BSNL) / 1-800-102-8747 (Airtel) / 95124-4628700 (Any Landline).You may also write to us through reply email or writing to. Is this some kind of a joke or prank Makemytrip is trying to play on their clients?

After that Makemytrip ended the email with "We care for you and value your business with us and look forward in assisting you with all your future travel plans”. Is this the care Makemytrip give their clients, doing nothing?

Previously a month back when my mother was travelling to US she was promised facilities by Makemytrip on that basis, I booked the ticket with them, though there were other websites like Goibibo and Yatra, which were quoting lesser rates compared to makemytrip for the same day tickets, I went with Makemytrip for the extra facilities promised. This was not provided and now they blame Qatar airways for that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors