Legal Advice /Suggestion on Doctors

Hello,

I want to know if there is any rule or law on doctors who promotes Local (not branded or non-registered) medicines for their commission i.e. money & make fun of patients health for money?

Regards
Vivek

expert

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not aware of any such rule and no doctor has ever been convicted for this in India. This is the main problem with all government doctors as they will always write costly and long list of medicines for poor people.

Even if there is a law you'd not be able to prove it in the court. It's just like a bribe.

This will resolve when doctors start writing generic medicines instead.

Thanks for your response, in accordance to this can you/me or anyone can approach the medical association for the same. also i am not sure about the orders from high court as this may cause death & will be a criminal act against section 304 (A).

can you please highlight this in medical association?

Regards
Vivek

Expert said:
I'm not aware of any such rule and no doctor has ever been convicted for this in India. This is the main problem with all government doctors as they will always write costly and long list of medicines for poor people.

Even if there is a law you'd not be able to prove it in the court. It's just like a bribe.

This will resolve when doctors start writing generic medicines instead.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Indian medical association is for the benefit of doctors themselves and not for the patients. There is no use approaching them for same.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors