LIC group insurance refund query in ESIC

I was working in Employees State Insurance Corporation(an autonomous body under Ministry of Labour, Govt. of India) headquarters at New Delhi and having hospitals and administrative offices all over India. An officer is liable to be posted anywhere in India, ESIC has a group insurance policy for its officers and employees in arrangement with LIC of India. Monthly contributions are deducted from salary and deposited with LIC quarterly. ESIC headquarter office has a master policy with LIC, under the umbrella of this master policy different administrative offices and hospitals have their policy numbers.

I had worked at administrative office in Faridabad, Directorate(Medical) Delhi and finally as State Medical Commissioner at Jaipur for the state of Rajasthan. Contributions were paid by me as per rules of the ESIC with effect from 01 Apr 1992 to 28 Oct 2010. After great efforts I have received approximately 35-40% of my payment after retirement from ESIC which has been paid to it by LIC. I am yet to receive 60-65% of the payment from ESIC.

Since I had retired from Jaipur, the final payment was to be made from Jaipur, my query is

1) Since there is a agreement b/w LIC and ESIC regarding group insurance scheme. Am I a consumer under the Consumer Protection Act (CPA), if yes under which clause and section of CPA ?
2) Since I had retired from Jaipur but ESI Headquarter is at new Delhi and LIC also has a zonal office at New Delhi and I am residing at New Delhi. Can the matter be taken up at the consumer court at New Delhi ?

Will somebody enlighten me on these 2 points ?

expert

Administrator
Staff member
RE: LIC claim refund query

Your company is indeed a consumer of LIC but not you. You can't claim yourself as direct consumer of LIC. If you need any clarifications with LIC you can file RTI against LIC and seek information.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors