Jet Airways Scams

Hi everyone,

I booked a ticket through Jet Airways on 19th Dec'11. This ticket was cancelled and alternative ticket was purchased instead. The ticket was bought for INR 9,747 and due to the alternation made, I paid the cancellation charges and the rest of the amount was to be credited to me. So within a month, I visited the Jet Airways counter in Chennai and requested them to refund the amount. I was made to wait one hour after which an employee decided to help me. I explained this scenario to various employees as they kept convincing me that the ticket was not in their system and they had no idea how they could return the money to me. They asked me to contact customer care online and ask for refund. So I spent another 2-3 hours connecting to customer care and explaining this situation to various employees again. Finally I was told that once I go to the Jet Airways counter I would get the money as the missing details were in the system now.
I reside in UAE and I only visit India once or twice in a Year. So in my next trip to India, which was in another 3-4 months, after the call, I visited the Jet Airways counter again. After another long wait and convincing employee they came to a conclusion that the original debit card had to be brought in order for them to refund the payment. I did not have the debit card hence I had no way of getting the money. I also told them that I could produce a scanned/photocopy of it. However, they insisted on the original. On my next visit, I had the original debit card but the customer care insisted that only their head office could refund the amount. Again I contacted, the customer care and they said that we would have to visit any Jet Airways counter and they would do the needful or we would have to ask the Jet airways counter to call the customer care to authorize the payment. This cycle continued for another year taking up hours of our time, frustrating conversations with customer care where each person claimed that it was not their department/authority; lack of ticket proof and so on. one month back we again visited the Jaipur Jet airways counter and after waiting for almost 2-3 hours and insisting to be refunded, the lady(Meenakshi Ranawat) and her manager (Mr. Tej Singh) told us that its been 2 years and Jet airways does not refund their clients for tickets older than 2 years. So for 2 years, we have been holding on to a cancelled ticket, going to various counters in various states and having long conversations with Jet customer care. I dont know what else I could have done. I just want everyone to be informed and in case there is someone who can guide me, I would be very greatfull. I have one other major complaint apart from the above mentioned, is that all employees at the Jet counter treat their clients at their leisure and especially if you have a claim, they make you wait for hours. Once we were made to wait till the shift changed.

Thanking you for your time.

A very frustrated customer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors