I want to drag my credit card company in Consumer Court

sneha

I've been slapped some charges by my Citibank credit card company and I've talked to them several times and now destroyed the card. But they are still sending statement to me with increased fines. I want to drag them in the consumer court. What are the avenues available?

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Everybody faces this type of credit card issue one time or other. I'll strongly urge you to clear all the dues and close the account. Better talk coolly with the customer care and in most of cases they agree to resolve the issue and allow you to pay less amount of dues. Otherwise in future you or your spouse may not be allowed to take any type of loan from the private banks. This credit rating is now maintained in a database. In 99% of cases banks are correct legally so going to court will be time waste for you, for sure.
First contact customer care and request them to reduce the penalty at the same time promise them that you'll stay with Citibank.

sneha said:
I've been slapped some charges by my Citibank credit card company and I've talked to them several times and now destroyed the card. But they are still sending statement to me with increased fines. I want to drag them in the consumer court. What are the avenues available?
You can also go to banking ombudsman before thinking anything else.

I suggest to share information with expert lawyer who have much information and know
how about this type of case and law. They have much information on this topic and share
vital ideas on this topic. Your problem will be easily solve . Thanks for sharing problem.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Finding an expert lawyer and paying him through your noose will turn out to be one of the most difficult things.

Hi,

Sneha had mentioned that even after destroying the credit card she is still receiving statements with increased fines from city bank. This is perhaps due to some pending clearance before destroying the card.

The same was emphasized by the Expert "I'll strongly urge you to clear all the dues and close the account" in his post 09-07-2011, 04:22 PM.

I request you to clear all the pending dues immediately and then prepare yourself for a fight. Otherwise the bank people will be going on fining you and make you drown.

Rajgopalan

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors