Hotel Ratna Residency, #355, Variety Hall Road, Coimbatore, 641 001

Hotel Ratna Residency, #355, Variety Hall Road, Coimbatore, 641 001
I had a horrible experience in this hotel. Never take this hotel if you are with your family.
My family was forcefully imprisoned in the hotel for a silly issue for one hour after the check out, by the arrogant goonda staff. I think the hotel is run by a maffia.
I checked in with my wife and three kids in this hotel on Christmas 2013. The room they provided was not at all child safe. On the third floor, they provided us a room in which the windows could not be locked. There was a very high risk of my kids falling from the third floor. In every room, they have a door opening to the very next room, which was locked when we check in. I don't know what is the purpose of this door. How can these room called private when it opens to another room? I haven't seen something like this in any other hotel. When we complained about the safety issue, they gave us another room in which the window can be locked.
After one night stay we checked out at12.45 noon, paid the entire bill and left the counter. All my family including the 1 year old girl and 3 & 14 year old boys entered the car and we started the car, when one person came to me and asked me to come to the reception, where the receptionist asked me to pay Rs 2500 for a few sketch pen marks what my 3 year old made in the bed sheet. i said no, since he hasn’t damaged anything. Then the manager Mr. P Vijayaraghavan arrived and informed that we cannot leave the hotel without paying this. My wife told him that the marks are completely washable and we are ready to pay the dry cleaning charges. This person threw the bed sheet at her and shouted at her to wash the sheet and leave the hotel. She is a consultant doctor. I asked them to settle it legally if they have a dispute, came back to my car and started the car for leaving since we are already late for the onward journey. The manager asked the security to lock the gates. We were imprisoned in their premises within my car for one hour. All my three kids were horrified with this incident and started to cry loudly, when the manager, seeing that the situation is going beyond their control allowed us to go. There was no apology form anyone. My wife narrated this incident to their managing partner/ owner on the phone and his pride didn't allow him an apology. I have made a police complaint. It is one month from the incident now; still there is no apology.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors