Hospital harrassment

Hi,

My father was detected Malignancy Neoplasm (Left Kidney Cancer) in Bombay hospital. Since my parents wanted to have treatment in delhi or in government hospital because of our financial conditions.

Hence we went many places and finally in Rajiv Gandhi Cancer institute, Delhi. Where the doctors said that they will be able to operate my father with robotic surgery.

Since I am working, our company had Group mediclaim policy, which I tried to avail the same.

The finance department in the hospital, said that they will send the pre-Auth papers. Till 1:00 PM they didnt sent post sending, they got the query that ROBOTIC SURGERY is not payable, hence provide the estimate of conventional suregery. The hospital gave the charges of Conventional surgery and basis that Insurance company gave me the approval of 2 lac from 3 lac sum insured. I said fine I will pay the balance.

But even after the approval the hospital accounts team was not statified and sent a clarification mail to Insurance company. Also told me that they are spectical that they will approve.

Post the mail Insurance team gave the approval of full 3 lacs, and mentioned Robotic surgery is part of treatment.

Even after having this mail from the Insurance hospital authorities said they are not confident that the payment will be done and asked us to deposit 1.5 lakh as initial deposit. When I asked why then they told that although Insurance company has said that they will pay but we donot believe them, and hence demanded the money or else the patient will denied admission or even surgery.

With due respect i would like to know where and how to approach for this ill mannered behaviour of the hospital.

Regards
Ashish

expert

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see much wrong in the procedure unless the reputation of Hospital is very bad and already such incidents are there.

Secondly do you think Hospital will charge you as well as from the insurance ? That's fraud they won't do.

I think it's safe bet to pay.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors