Harrasment and Financial Fraud By Club Mahindra

I took membership of club Mahindra holidays, and provided my credit card details for the deduction of EMI amount of the membership fees. However to my utter surprise they charged my credit card twice, on one occasion and second time charged my card when i have already issued them cheque for the payment. Thus they charged the amount from Credit Card and Cheque both. I have to fight for months to get the refund though in between i have to pay my Credit card bills to maintain my CIBIL rating and reputation with bank. As EMIs were for 4 years, and after two bitter experience i had lost all confidence in them that they will next time not do that, as I keep paying my credit card bills and they did not even bother to refund rather on first instance did not bothered about government of India’s financial guidelines of unauthorised charging. Best part comes when even after sending the mail for cancellation and stating the reason of mental and financial trauma they have been putting me into they again charged my credit card, stating that though i have sent the mail before due date of EMI but from their side they have put account in processing so it was deducted, when i asked for refund they say as per the some clause 6.1 of membership there will be no refund, my question is, that, is it my fault that I trusted a company and provided my financial information and they went on charging me incessantly and kept citing clauses of no refund when I ask for that, thus no regards to government guidelines on unauthorised credit card charging. Now lastly, when I got my credit card blocked so they can not charge that, and ideally they should not as for next month my complaint was well in advance of processing, THEY AGAIN TRIED CHARGING MY CARD, for these financial frauds they have been doing with me, now i want proper redressal and compensation for mental and financial harassment

expert

Administrator
Staff member
RE: Harrasment and Financial Fraud B y Club Mahindra

You should never give credit card to anyone in India. Chargeback in US is allowed upto 6 months. So in any case within 6 months a US based person can claim Chargeback there. But such facility isn't there in India. There is no regulation by RBI about it. In short even in case of frauds you can't claim Chargeback. It is left entirely to bank whether to accept your request.

Secondly after unauthorized credit card charging did you request for Chargeback from your provider? Sometime they do honor it.

To reclaim the lost amount, you should file complaint in the consumer court near to you.

Though credit card companies protect customers from fraudulent charges, some companies have different definitions of fraud. Some companies consider fraudulent charges to be any charge that was not authorized. Other companies consider credit card fraud any charge that was initiated by a fraudulent circumstance. Still other companies consider any fraudulent charge to be a charge that is not fulfilled by the other half of the transaction. Each credit card agreement is different, and you should read the agreement fully before you sign up for a card.
Source: Personalmoneynetwork

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors