HP computer service

:huh:
Sir,
I was having problem with my HP desktop monitor, I contacted their service center and they guided me to one Redington Inidia Ltd, located at Pune. there they give us a receipt which says that if you take back your component without repair you will have to pay diagonistic charges of Rupees 300/-.
So I left my monitor at their shop, now that was on 8 aug 12.
till date they are unable to repair it but diagnosed power supply problem. so they continuously say your monitor will take some time and please wait. Now if I take back my computer without repair I have to pay the diagonistic amount. and it seems they are in no mood to repair the monitor.
Please enlighten me.
Berry
:idea:

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Is it under warranty?
You said that you "contacted their service center". Whom did you talk? Did you directly talk with the service center personnel ? Did HP India customer care guide you to go for Redington India Ltd?
A few shops do charge for opening the component.
Now you press them to repair it. Give them an ultimatum say a week or so. If they can't still repair it, then I think you should not pay the charges, after all they wasted your enough time. So stick to your stand for no diagnostic charges if they can't repair it.

Expert said:
Is it under warranty?
You said that you "contacted their service center". Whom did you talk? Did you directly talk with the service center personnel ? Did HP India customer care guide you to go for Redington India Ltd?
A few shops do charge for opening the component.
Now you press them to repair it. Give them an ultimatum say a week or so. If they can't still repair it, then I think you should not pay the charges, after all they wasted your enough time. So stick to your stand for no diagnostic charges if they can't repair it.
My reply to the above
It is not under warranty. I contacted thrice., on my first call i was given the contact number ( 8, you can see my contact number and details in your computer) f the service center. on my second call i was given a reference id CA1118833 date 12 aug 11, the service center said if your monitor is not repaired by saturday you can contact again by giving this id. i contacted the service center they told me they will agian submit the quotation as it is not getting repaired, now we will replace the part. I contacted hp center again and told shri permeet about the matter on 1800114772, i gave my id and told about the delay, he said we are not responsible for after warranty, and then asked me to contact again if i had a problem with a ref id, i asked him if he is not able to solve my problem why this id, he said still you take id, but later connection was disabled.
thanks for your response
Berry[hr]

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Ok try this.
If you've registered your complaint with HP India customer care then call them again and ask about this "Diagnostic charges" as mentioned by the service center. Is it ok?
Otherwise ask for a deadline from the HP service center. And if they fail to repair it then refuse to pay any charges giving the reason that you're already ready to pay the repair charges whatsoever, but you're not able to repair.
Shout at them, put the entire blame on them(for your transport & time waste). Do a quarreling drama there:dodgy: and try to create a scene. In India this is required.
Well, it is indeed a genuine reason to not to pay the charges! They should not charge if they can't repair it.

:exclamation:
Sir,
Thanks for taking so deep interest I always wonder how there are so many people involved in doing good for others.
Still I feel shouting querreling is not the right answer. I wish that many more persons who are cheated in this way, by people hiding behind the big names, should be be benefited by such forums. these people don't understand the job but take up the job with the help of outside experts. they pay these engineers and try to make profit for themselves also. in this way customer is cheated by these persons not knowing the abc of the work.
the process should be person handling the business should be expert and should decide the cost immediately and should not keep the work for thinking 'either I gain 300 rupees without working or charge what I feel correct, because customer is now bound to pay at least 300'. they keep the work for long time, harrassing the customer. they even use the work for their benefits.
So actually higher authorities from HP should interfere to stop this type of theft.
thanks
berry
:angel:

:(
Address of the company where I gave my monitor for repair on 8/8/2011
REDINGTON INDIA LIMITED
No. 201, 202, 203 and 205 SHEETAL PLAZA, 2ND FLOOR,
CSTNO.1125, FINALPLTNO.499,OFFF C FOADOF MODEL COLONY
NEXT TO HEOTEL AMBASADAR, SHIVAJINAGAR, PUNE - 411005.
TEL 30287112 (VAISHNAVI)

MY WORKORDER NO PU/11/01738 DATE 8/8/2011
PRODUCT DETAILS - HP
MODEL - W1907
SERIAL NO. 3CQ8161HDO
TYPE - PAID REPAIR

PROBLEM - DISPLAY GOES OFF AFTER SHORT TIME
DIAGNOSTIC - MONITOR POWER SUPPLY PROBLEM, QUTATION SHORTLY
WILL GET ON 18/8/2011
TOLD ON 17/08/2011
PHONE NOT ANSWERED USUALLY, NO MOBILE

expert

Administrator
Staff member
I myself want to talk to HP customer care. But I want to know how Redington India Ltd is related to HP India? Is it it's approved service center?

Expert said:
I myself want to talk to HP customer care. But I want to know how Redington India Ltd is related to HP India? Is it it's approved service center?
yes, it is the only one connected with HP at pune, it seems they are working more for diagnoistic charges. and we can't do anything:exclamation:

expert

Administrator
Staff member
I did talk to the HP personnel. And he justified those Rs. 300 charges and said that parts of this monitor are no more available. But I want to escalate the case to HP senior personnel.
For this I need your PC model number. Did you purchase it individually or along with PC. Was it's warranty 3 year or 1 year?
Please tell me what is the product number in this: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-005&h_lang=en&h_cc=in&h_product=82702&h_client=test&lang=en&cc=in

Expert said:
I did talk to the HP personnel. And he justified those Rs. 300 charges and said that parts of this monitor are no more available. But I want to escalate the case to HP senior personnel.
For this I need your PC model number. Did you purchase it individually or along with PC. Was it's warranty 3 year or 1 year?
Please tell me what is the product number in this: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-005&h_lang=en&h_cc=in&h_product=82702&h_client=test&lang=en&cc=in
PRODUCT DETAILS - HP
MODEL - W1907
SERIAL NO. 3CQ8161HDO
TYPE - PAID REPAIR; 3 YEARS WARRANTY OVER.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
In the above HP link if I key-in W1907 it does not show your product. Nor can I search using the serial number. You try and tell me what is correct.
Also I think it is HP Pavilion.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Berry sorry did you end up paying Rs. 300 ?
Don't go for service center's word that parts of the monitor are not available.
In fact it means: "Parts from HP are not available". So go to any other good repair center and they will fix it with some other parta.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors