Global Hospitals, Hyderabad fleecing patients

I am writing this complaint on behalf of an unfortunate victim who is incapable of doing this himself.

The patient, a 55 year old man who has been diagnosed with liver cirrhosis isn't educated enough to understand what is going on in his body or what the doctors are treating/charging him for. All he and his family know is that he is seriously ill and if they don't listen to the doctor they risk losing his life.

He makes a very modest income of Rs. 20000 a month which feeds a family of 7 (his wife, 3 children and his aged parents). His family however has been spending every penny they have on his treatment and have now exhausted all their savings and have started taking loans from anybody and everybody who are willing to help.

At a time like this he required additional blood. His two grown up sons (aged 17 and 20) are perfectly healthy and strong and more importantly share the same blood group as the father i.e. B+ and the family was hoping the sons would be able to meet the blood requirement.

However the hospital authorities who have absolutely no mercy and will not let a single opportunity to make money go by refused to use the sons' blood and instead forced the patient's family to pay Rs. 9000 for the 600 ml of blood.

When questioned they were simply told that if they didn't agree, they would have to look for an alternate place for treatment.

How is the common man to survive atrocities like this by private hospitals? Is there anybody that can help me report this to the appropriate authorities? The bigger question is is there any hope?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors