Dr SMILEZ DENTAL CLINIC- WORST EXPERIENCE

Hi,

I would like to register my worst experience at Dr Smilez Dental clinic, Anna Nagar East, chennai. On Nov 8 I visited the clinic for tooth cleaning. Dr Lavanya examined my teeth and told that I have few cavities(she didn't tell me exactly how many, and that's the trick here) but I understood as 4. She started cleaning and she was using some instrument for drilling my teeth to do the filling while I experienced some pain on my lip. It took around 30 minutes and finally she told finished. When i asked her , why there is burning on my lip, she said that's nothing.

When I came out to pay the bill, I was shocked to see the bill amount as Rs 6500.As i had pain on my lip, i didn't talk much, but just paid and walked away. Only after boarding the taxi, i realized that the skin was peeling in my lip, only then i felt that she was not professional. After returning home, i called her to check, then she told that it is due to the heat of the instrument which she was using.

Again I called them to check why i was charged Rs 6500, only then they are telling that they filled for 6 cavities( each cavity Rs 800, and for 6 cavity it is 4800), cleaning- 1500 and consultation-200), so total 6500.

My question here is:

1)I was not informed of the total number of cavity that they are going to fill before treatment.

2) I was not informed of the charges before the treatment. If for each cavity they are going to charge Rs 800, shouldn't I be informed of that earlier?

3) The receipt which they gave me for 6500, does not have any break up charges as in what are the treatments was done and how much they charged for each treatment (only after i called them to check, they are giving me the details)

4)Finally, the prescription which they gave me doesn't have the doctor's name and their qualification, except Dr. Smilez Logo on top. Is this acceptable?

Will I get answer for this 4 questions?

I also sent an email to the feed back team of Dr Smilez, whereby I was not satisfied with their reply.

Regarding the charges, their reply was, the charges will be informed only if requested/asked by the patient. Does that mean if we didn't check the charges before treatment, they can charge us how much ever they want?

With all this hassle, I still have pain in my teeth and my teeth has become more sensitive where i am not able to eat as before. Finally it was a bad experience spending money and spoiling my teeth.

I am sending this mail just to register my frustration and people should be aware of the different kinds of tricks made.

Please please please check all the cost/ charges before starting the treatment.

Thank you.

Regards
Uma

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors