Don't order birthday cake from http://www.ExpressCakesDelhi.com

We ordered a birthday cake for delivery on 19 Feb Order No. DECD-180220149 placed from Express Cakes Delhi dot com. Neither was the cake delivered nor money refunded inspite of repeated calls and mails. [/undefined]

History of our communication with ExpressCakesDelhi:
I ordered a birthday cake to be delivered to my niece in Delhi on her birthday on 19 Feb 2014. The cake was not delivered on my niece’ birthday. Nobody responded to the Delhi phone no. given in their website +91-8130630444. We kept trying repeatedly since 19 February. With great difficulty we got the Kolkata number (which is always engaged) and spoke to Mr. Saurav and Mr. Biswajeet on 21 Feb. They assured that the cake will be delivered on same day otherwise the order will be cancelled automatically and money will be refunded in full. Still the cake was not delivered nor email confirming the refund received nor any replies to any of our reminder emails. Finally on 21 Feb evening we got frustrated and cancelled the order via email and we also called up Kolkata number on Feb 22 to confirm we had cancelled the order. Still the seller did not refund the money. Meanwhile I have incurred unnecessary costs on international phone calls since I live in the Middle East.

On 25th Feb (3 days after the order has already been cancelled and 6 days after the birthday), at 10 p.m. at night their delivery man rang up my niece’s house asking for the address and location so that he can deliver the cake by 10.30 p.m. that night. 10.30 p.m. is definitely not the time to deliver a cake which was ordered for 6 days earlier and when order was also cancelled by then. Still my niece’ family told delivery man to deliver next day morning and he said he will do so but he never turned up.

e again contacted seller for refund, first they said that the recipient refused to accept the order on 25 Feb and thus re-delivery or cancellation of order is not possible. When we asked it is recipients fault that they did not take delivery at 10:30 pm, is that the right time to deliver a cake that was late by 6 days and how delivery was attempted when order has already been cancelled on 22 Feb? and after we threatened to publish complaints against them on internet, on 4th March they emailed that they will refund the money (Rs 645) in full same day. But till today (1 Apr 2014) neither the money has been refunded nor are they responding to any of our reminder emails.

We request you to get us a refund of Rs 645 and additionally a compensation of Rs 1,000 for continuous harassment and for spoiling a child’s birthday and as a lesson to them to follow at least the minimum business ethics in future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors