Connection Shifting and Harassment

Hi, I was a consumer of Airtel Number 0124-4269805. I shifted from (Sushantlok 1, Gurgaon) To (Sector 23A, Gurgaon) on 25-June-2011. I placed request with Airtel for my broadband connection shifting to my new place. Airtel gave me 20 days time for connection shifting.

I called up regularly to know the status of shifting, but every time Airtel customer care executives used to tell me that they would shift in a day or two. I have followed up with Airtel at least 3 to 4 times a week. Even after 2 months (i.e. till end of August) they did not shift my airtel broadband connection. After waiting for 2 months I told them If they can't shift my connection, please confirm me that they cannot. They used to send me bills, but they did not shift the connection. They used to tell me that they would shift connection within 2 or 3 days. They sent me bills for the connection which they never shifted. They then said me that I did not pay broadband bill, and that is why they were not shifting connection. I paid bills for the connection which never got shifted to my new place. I told them finally at the end of 3rd month that I would place request for closing the connection if they can't shift the connection and asked my money back. Customer care executives kept on calling me and asking me to pay the bill for the 3rd month for the connection which never got shifted to my new place.

I fed up and placed the request for closure in head office Airtel (broadband) near Kapashera place. They took my written request for closure, they sent the engineer along with me for checking/validating the existence of connection. Then engineer laid the cable from the DP till balcony and told that an IT engineer will come and complete the connection. I told them I don’t want connection. They dialed up a number to head office and they told that all my money will be given back to me, I asked them what about the Mental tension and harassment which they did on me. I told them I don’t want connection. They apologized to me. Engineer left my place saying that IT engineer will come and install the connection. They left my place and no IT engineer came to my place for installation. When I called them, they told that the request is closed. They cheated me again. They updated the request saying that they installed the connection. I went with my friend along head office again and gave them written statement for closing the connection. And I told them to return my money. Airtel used to send me bills continuously and keep on calling me and harassed me a lot. I stopped responding to calls. I even told my friend who used to work in Airtel, he sent a mail internally to a department, but again the same saga started they called me, sent me bills and harassed me a lot.

After harassing me with calls for several months they stopped calling me. But now they have started calling me again and asking me to pay the bills. Someone please help me… 7838370041.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
This clearly shows how negligent a big company can be. Airtel has clearly messed it up and mismanaged it.
Please follow this procedure otherwise Airtel will get chance after a couple of months to say that you were all wrong:

• First register a formal complaint and get a docket/complaint number
  • After it's time is over, register it with Nodal officer.

Here is the complaint procedure for Telecom companies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors