Complete Callousness By Airtel

This is to bring to your notice that i have been using an Airtel broadband with the following credentials:

Account no. 7011417529

I was on a 8mbps/ 60 GB plan with a popup of Rs. 99/- entitling me for unlimited local calls.

Few months back I got a call from Airtel for a trial upgrade to a high speed plan which also necessitated a modem change. Even after the upgrade i was not getting a speed more than 8.5 - max 9 mbps. I pointed this out to the service executive who conveyed to me that the connection speed will optimise over a period of couple of days, which never happened!

Almost close to a month to this I got a call from Airtel stating that if i want to retain the so called ‘high sped’ connection i will need to now pay more for the upgraded plan. Since i didn’t see any sense in upgrading as i was almost getting an 8-9mbps, i didn’t go for the upgrade.

After 3-4 days i discovered that my internet connection is not working. When i complained to Airtel, I was told that since my hardware and some connection settings was changed to support the so called ‘hi-speed’ connection now it need to be rolled back. It was a very callous and careless attitude for not informing the customer about an abrupt disconnection. I should have been seamlessly rolled over to the previous plan, specially when i stated in advance that i’m not keen to upgrade.

So i requested to be rolled back to my original plan (8 mbps/ 60 gb with Rs. 99/- topup, a total of about Rs. 1850/- per month). Around the same time I went on Airtel website to see various plans and i was surprised that this plan no where featured instead for about the same amount there was this plan where i could enjoy 16 MBPS speed, 80 GB of data and free local as well as std calls!!!!

So i realised that i have been taken for a royal ride by Airtel for many months!!

Anyways, I called Airtel and requested them to put me on this plan.

They did upgrade but on a super high end plan - Airtel-UL-BOLT 7199 PLAN, something i never asked for!!!

I complained again. And Again. And Again!!!

Ever since my internet connection is not working. I have been tirelessly following up with Airtel. Many various complaints. Wrote few mails, asked Airtel executives to escalate, but to no avail. Complaints have been closed without any resolve !!

All this has been taken so casually !!

Service engineers will come casually towards the close of the day, spend about an hour and go back without any resolve. My daughter had to shuttle between her friend's place to submit her daily school assignments, besides impacting my work!!

I’m pained, harassed and made to suffer by Airtel by no end!!

Amber Paintal

—————————

Complaint / Request Nos.
Mail sent on 19th July, 2o July
19th July bill plan changed to Airtel-Rapid 1899 (though no internet access all this while !)
70472654, 19th July
18th July, Bill plan changed to BOLT 7199 (which i never asked for!)
96500123918999, 9th July
69671966, 4th July

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors