Club Mahindra Feedback

I would like to caution all the prospective members to beware of the false promises made by Club Mahindra. I took Club membership - white category by paying over Rs. 3 lakhs in Oct 13 by paying the full amount as I had a travel to US in the month of May 2014, i.e ~8 months before my planned travel. I was hoping to use their DAE / RCI network for accommodation at US.

Club Mahindra has good sales folks who paint a rosy picture and sell the membership. They promise 2 yr RCI membership,7 day complimentary International holiday - FREE OF COST through DAE. This is a key attraction as one would feel we can save in accommodation during international travel. Beware they don't tell you about hidden costs and the DIFFICULTY in getting the free / paid accommodation through these networks.

Well once I got the formalities done and attempted to book for foreign travel (US - NewYork) slowly the hidden charges unraveled.

1. Firstly Nothing is FREE!!. DAE Network providers ask money for any booking in terms of Service fee, Exchange fee, Gold crown fee ($125) as gold crown properties are not part of regular accommodation. Charges are so high u may as well book directly into those hotels.
2. I also discovered that complimentary holiday's can be booked only 2 mths in advance. If you want to book earlier u have to pay Rs. 3000/ reservation charges.
3. Secondly u don't get accommodation in a place of your choice. In my case I could not get in New York either from DAE / RCI. That is neither DAE complimentary or RCI paid could be availed. On contacting Club Mahindra they told us to go to Florida which is 17 hrs by road from New York or 2 to 3hr by flight.
4. Thirdly getting accommodation within 2 hrs from my holiday destination (New York) proved impossible.
5. when contacted Club Mahindra reps have the cheek to tell you that DAE being complimentary we should not be demanding it!!

Conclusion : You have to plan your holiday to a place where these clubs (Club Mahindra/ RCI / DAE) have vacancy and NOT to a destination of your choice. For all you know vacancy could be ONLY available in Iceland!!

After selling the membership Club Mahindra sales guys just wash their hands off.

I spent hours trying to locate accommodation near New York through RCI / DAE in vain. Now I have booked in hotels on my own cost.

I have been running from pillar to post to either get my money back or for suitable accommodation during my holiday at NewYork. All my efforts have been futile.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors