Change of PAN Address

I went through the process of changing my PAN card a couple of years ago and my Singapore address is correctly reflected on my on-line PAN card profile. However, the Form No.16A still reflects my old Chennai address with the notation "Name and address is as present in Income Tax PAN database.Apply for PAN change request to update details". Why should I again apply for update and pay about Rs.1,000/- when the error is obviously due to some system problem in PAN ? Please advise me who I should contact to resolve this problem.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
RE: PAN Address

One thing I know is - if you ever get any notice regarding your income tax then they'll be sending to the address you have filled in that specific Saral form pertaining to income tax issue. This old address I think is simply redundant.

Expert said:
One thing I know is - if you ever get any notice regarding your income tax then they'll be sending to the address you have filled in that specific Saral form pertaining to income tax issue. This old address I think is simply redundant.
Thanks for the advice.

I reckon to update your current data updated in the PAN/IT dpt database. This will help to avoid any future finance or tax worries. A website that might help you in new/reprint of PAN CARD is finmart.com (PAN Card FAQ Section) Hope it helps

Now you can get your pan card in online. You can change your details of your pan card from online also. But notice that the real document of income tax office. Give the details that why should you change your pan cards?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors