Arm Twisting By Airtel

1 yr back I had a Land Line connection and broadband at home ( no 011-43035426).

Its internet had lot of connectivity issues, i made tonnes of complaints but they failed to resolve. i had no option but to go cyber cafe to do my work.Hence i had to surrender the connection and told them i would not pay the current bill rather they could bear the charges of my inconvenience and cyber cafe.

Moreover, they took my surrender request yet did not process it and kept it alive for 2 months and imposed more rentals.

They started chasing for its bill and i kept crying.... it was all heated up but nothing happened thereafter.

On Saturday (10/11/12) in the morning i could not make calls/SMS/internet through my mobile no 9818741113 (Airtel Mobile).
I had a family function at home and it was all Diwali time, all of us have to make no of calls during the day.

I called up customer care and came to know that the same has been barred due to non payment of my Land Line bill.

At that moment i had no other option but to visit Airtel franchisee, made payment of Land Line (Rs.2200) without resolving Land Line issue and got the Mobile debarred.

I had to almost sacrifice family function, faced lot of inconvenience and mental harassment and the complete affair took almost half of the day.

My questions
  • If airtel would be the service provider for petrol, water or electricity, would they behave the same and cut all these basic amenities? Why did old personal Land Line connection was linked to mobile no?

• Why could they not resolve pending issues on time and billed rentals after my surrender request on LL.

• Why the information on deactivation was not communicated and it was barred abruptly during festivity?

• What if my mob phone barred on business travel or during imp telecons... who will bear the cost?
What Next

With immediate effect, Airtel should sort out the pending issue and refund the amount due.
Airtel to compensate on mental harassment and inconvenience of an old corporate customer.
Airtel to issue an apology letter mentioning the same shall not happen with any customer from where they get salaries and profits.

Thanks & Regards, Vikas Behl
M: 9818741113

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors