An Extremely Unexpected, Unwanted and Ridiculous Charges & Behaviour by Vodafone

Hi All,

This is regarding a Complaint for Vodafone Postpaid Connection (Phone 9721190999) Lucknow India.

I am going to Share an Extremely Unexpected, Unwanted and Ridiculous Charges & Behaviour forced by Vodafone.

My Mother has taken Vodafone Postpaid Connection (Phone 9721190999) around 3-4 Months before. They tried to Charge Unexpectedly Rs 1500 around 2 months before for Internet Usage. Called to Vodafone Customer Care and informed that My Mother does know Internet Usage, so how she can use Internet. She even does not know Sending & Reading the Messages. How she can use Internet Download and that also worth of Rs 1500.

And again Vodafone has charged Rs 1636 (at the Cost of Rs 3 per SMS) for Vodafone SMS Contest for the Period of 1st Dec'13 to 31st Dec'13. I repeat myself; she does not know Sending & Reading Messages. She uses the Phone to receive and Make Calls (Just 10-15 Known Phone Numbers). And moreover she had come to me to Chennai for the time; Vodafone has charged Rs 1636 for Vodafone SMS Contest. And she had not being using The Phone, because I had given my Phone here in Chennai to receive and make Calls in order to avoid Roaming Charges.

I called Vodafone and asked for to STOP STEALING Customer's Money. How she can send more 500 Messages (Rs 1636 at the Rate of Rs 3 Per SMS) if she is not using the Phone for past more than 25 Days as She is in Chennai now. Customer Care executive (who was extremely Rude on Call) warned me not to use the Word STEALING MONEY, and then he started telling how honestly Vodafone has charged the Amount Rs 1636. He told there are 500+ SMS has been sent by my mother's phone to some special Number (Vodafone SMS Contest at the Rate of Rs 3 Per SMS), but he never told to which number the SMS has been sent.

Vodafone can steal money, but we cannot say it to their Executives otherwise they'll disconnect the Call, how justified this behaviour with the Customers?

Executive informs 500+ SMS has been sent in past a Month to some Contest, even though she does not know sending & reading SMS and moreover she was not using the Phone as she was in Chennai for the time, Rs 1636 Vodafone SMS Charges has been forced.

I asked Customer Care Executive to stop the Phone Connection till the Moment this Issue of Unwanted Rs 1636 billing won't get resolved, as I am going to lodge a complaint in Consumer Forum. He Says, you'll have pay Rs 150 + Service Tax, then only Services will be disconnected for next 90 Days. And also warned to Pay the Bill and tried his All Effort to Justify the Charges Rs 1636 forced by Vodafone.

Executive also informed that there is NO ESCAPE out of it, if the Charges Rs 1636 has come, we'll have to pay. That's all. And If we would be applying for Disconnecting the Connection permanently, then we've to pay around Rs 2200 (Current Billed Amount) + Unbilled Amount + Service Disconnection Charges.

That's Vodafone.

I would like to add another very RECENT Experience here. One of my Friends who is working as South Zone Head with VODAFONE. His wife has received a Bill of Rs 20000 by Vodafone for the Internet Usage & Download (even though she has Unlimited Download & Usage Plan). But Good Luck for him, he is working with Vodafone fortunately and he corrected the Bill with his Own Effort.
Please don't consider this as a Fake Story. It's 100% true. If Vodafone is willing to know, they can check and Find about whom I am taking. As there are a few South Zone Heads Only in Vodafone whose wife received a Bill of more than Rs 20K for very Recent Month.

Now the Question is what we would be able to do, if Vodafone starts threatening the People by Sending the UNEXPECTED UNJUSTFIED Bills. Everybody is not working at the Higher Positions in Vodafone.

How we would be able to Stop this Unethical & Unwanted Activities which is being played by Vodafone???

Is there someone who could Stop them??? Or we are forced to be Cheated by this UK Company.

Reliance also cheats people by putting the Unwanted Charges. It happened with me itself in the Past, but on calling to their Customer Care, they removed the Unwanted Charges at the earliest possible.

But Vodafone Customer Care Executive Says, there is no other way left rather than Paying the Bill On Time, otherwise there would be another Extra Charges + Service Tax Extra.

Thanks a lot for your Patience & Kind Co-operation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors