Airtel bars my mobile connection even after submitting documents several times

I have been a customer of Airtel since the past eight years with two mobile phone connections and a broad band connection. Recently I migrated one of my mobile phone connection, from Post paid to Pre paid.

That is when I realized, how little Airtel cares about its customers.

First of all the requirement that one has to resubmit the documents for Post paid to Prepaid migration itself is ridiculous. If the credentials of a customer are good enough for Post paid, why are they not good enough for Prepaid?

Anyway , dismissing this as just another pointless rule, I submitted the documents to Airtel office in Banashankari 3rd stage (near Kamakya). Three days later, the incoming and outgoing were barred and I was asked to resubmit the documents. There was no reason given as to why the documents were not good enough.

So I resubmitted the documents again on Monday (8th October). Two days later the connection itself was cancelled with no intimation whatsoever !

Dealing with Airtel officials is like a Kafkaesque nightmare. Airtel has set up a customer care network, that does not seem to solve any issue and just makes the customer run around in circles. The front office guys ask me to call the customer care and the customer care throws up its hand and says there is nothing they can do about the cancellation of number.

From the past one week I have gone to the front office at least 5 times and called up the customer care close to ten times.

The disdain with which Airtel treats its customer and the total indifference towards any customer issue is shocking.

Losing a single customer like me will not make any difference to a gigantic telecom provider, but I wanted to share my experience at consumer forum, sincerely hoping that others will think twice before signing up with Airtel.

Trust me, the feeling of helplessness that you feel with Airtel, is just not worth it.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Many customers are facing this problem. It shows laxity on part of the company even to serve loyal customers like you.

Let me point out one thing. Resubmitting documents from post paid to prepaid is government rule. Another government rule is to block any connection whose documentation hasn't been verified by the company officials within a few(3) days.

You should try to make Airtel verify your address/id proofs ASAP.

Thanks a lot for the information. If they had given me intimation that something was wrong from my end, i would have immediately set it right.

As a customer, all i can do is submit the necessary proofs. The front office tells me that the documents were rejected. The customer care informs me that the documents were never submitted. When they give such contradicting information, how can i even trust them on anything?

The number has now been disconnected and placed in the pool( as per customer care), which effectively means i have lost the number.

What angers me more is the fact that the concerned people do not even hint at an apology for the mess they had created or try to atleast make an iota of effort to solve the issue.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
This miscommunication is very common in service providers. Usually before disconnection they send a SMS. But in your case since it's a new connection, they may not have sent the SMS even.

I don't think you've lost your number. You get some 6 months in new connections and if you don't recharge for some Rs. 200 minimum then only you lose the number.

I suggest you talk to Nodal officer in your area and get it resolved.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors