Airtel Left Me Hanging Network-less- MNP issue

Hello Sir,

I had applied for MNP from Loop Mobile postpaid to Airtel prepaid and bought the new SIM after submitting all the necessary documents on 6th July 2013 at the Airtel outlet. I received a message on 12 Jul 2013, Namaste, Request Validated by Donor and Porting time 2013-07-12T 22:00:00.000+5:30.

On 2013-07-12, 22:27:00 my existing Loop Mobile network provider terminated their services which was supposed to happen, however, even after 12 hours the SIM card which was provided by Airtel did not get activated. It is mentioned on the Airtel website that the new simcard gets activated within 2 hours, and I have attached a screenshot.
I called up the customer care executives next day morning and all they said was to switch off and switch on the mobile phone, while removing and inserting the simcard again, which I tried it for several times. Here Airtel Network Coverage is very good, so theres is no problem of coverage area. As of now, there is no signal at all, for the new Airtel simcard.

When I am trying to contact customer care again, they are saying there is no option for them, and I need to go to the retailer. I did go to the retailer, however, the executive did not know what to do, and after ignoring me for like 5-10 minutes, even though I was sitting right across her, she contacted the manager. The manager took his time and after 15-20 minutes later, told the executive to send an email to someone. To me, he said that the service will be active in 3-4 hours for sure. (By the way, there was just one executive taking care of customer issues, who was handling two customers at the same time, and other two counters were for collecting documents and for collecting the bill money respectively, two seats on the executive side not occupied by the executives themselves) But it did not get activated. This just showed that either the manager had no idea of what to do, or he was just trying to ignore the issue and push the problem to someone else, leaving the customer (me), hanging.

Later, I called up the Airtel customer care many times later, yet they only told me to either wait for 3-4 hours (every time) (and which I did, unfortunately) or go to retail. Finally I found out about the airtel_presence twitter account and told them the issue. I got a call from them though in like 30 minutes, and the person told me to do the same thing, take out your sim, reboot your phone, the service will be activated in 3-4 hours.

Thus, been frustrated, I decided to speak with the manager of the customer care. The executive transferred the call to manager and the manager transferred the called to shop floor manager (or some manager, the point been, I was now speaking with a manager of a manager, atleast according to those guys). I had to tell each one of them the whole story again and again and they were not able to provide solution for my issue. He insisted on me going back to the retail store, that the issue is technical and he cannot handle it there, but been there once, I am pretty sure the manager will just do the same thing again. I asked the shop floor manager for a number, a complaint number if possible, so that the number can be referred to, when I complain at the consumer complain forum like this one. However, Airtel does not have that kind of system, and on insisting further, the shop floor manager gave me a fake number, just to pacify me for the time being- 20713565779. I know it was fake because I called back like an hour after and tried to verify the same but the executive did not know what I was talking about. Now this was the final straw. I was compelled to complain at this forum and all the forums if possible about the way these executives treat their customers.

Like five minutes back, I found out about the website for airtelpresence and I have filled the form at the same website.

My Airtel number : +91 9004291185

You can contact me @ +91 9987063723

My reference no. is PR071400007

I have missed a lot of calls. I am feeling very harassed and mentally disturbed due to non-working of my number and the behavior of the executives hired by one of the biggest telecommunication company like Airtel. I am not getting proper information, am spoken to rudely, given wrong information and even cheated. This had to be told to someone responsible, so I am writing here. I hope this does not fall on deaf ears.

Attachments

I totally agree that airtel is the worst service i have ever used. the same issue that ameysatam had, i am currently facing the same. when the airtel people can't help the users, why are they advertising so and so. i have totally lost hope and trust in all of airtel products. These are the number 1 cheaters in telecom industry. when i contacted them for MNP activation, they just keep on saying that the details are not updated. but all the details and documents i have submitted and got the sim card. even the distributor told that everything is complete and nothing is pending from our end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors