Surrendered my Passport after Adverse PVR

I have applied for Passport in Oct 2012 at Coimbatore RPO. I got my passport through Tatkal scheme(File
No. CB1061585701512)
By Jan 2013 I got a notice that I have to surrender my passport as I got
adverse police report. The reason for adverse passport status is I work in Chennai and i did not provide temporary address in m passport application. But during police verification i revealed that i was in Chennai for past 4 month. (my bad day i revealed this).

I surrendered my passport on may 8th 2013 at Coimbatore RPO with a request letter. I wrote like ,while filling application i am not aware that i should provide my temporary Chennai address. With that i provided my Chennai address with proof and requested for Re-Verification ..Passport Officer said that there is a penalty amount of Rs5000 and re-verification may happen with new address or my passport will get cancelled.

I checked my Application Status using file number, it states that my passport is under Review at RPO.

My real problem is i have applied for H1b Visa with this passport number. what will happen if i have new passport number.(if my adverse passport gets cancelled)

Will be my re-verification happen ?

Hi,

Did u recieve your passport. How long it tooks to get the passport back. I have just surrendered it today. I was also in the same boat.

Thanks
Thangaraj N

Hi Ravindhar,

Could you please update us what had happened in your case?
Actually I am going to surrender my passport in Coimbatore RPO tomorrow because of adverse PVR (Exactly same as your case). Really worried about what would happen after that !!!

Many Thanks!
Varatha

Hi Guys !!

Can anyone of your update what has happened once you surrendered your passport?? I am going through same phase and would need your guidance on how you have tackled the situation??

Thanks,
Jatin

jatin2685 said:
Hi Guys !!

Can anyone of your update what has happened once you surrendered your passport?? I am going through same phase and would need your guidance on how you have tackled the situation??

Thanks,
Jatin
[hr]
Hi Guys,

Any update on any of you? I've the same issue and I've applied in CBE passport office. Now my passport has been impounded and I am currently living in abroad. I've no clue how to handle this?

Your reply would be of great help

Thanks for reading,
Varatha

An update on this matter.

On September 2014, I've sent a detailed mail addressed to The First Secretary , Indian Embassy where I live (abroad). Following the same day the Embassy has forwarded my mail to the Regional passport office in India asking for explanations under what circumstances the Indian passport has been impounded.

After couple of days the passport office replied stating the 'Impounding Circular issued has been cancelled and Applicant is advised
to approach the Passport Office once he visits India'. They did not gave any reasons for issuing impound notice. So during my vacation in December 2014 I've visited the passport office and my file was looked after by couple of Senior officers one after the other and finally I was asked to apply for police re-verification at the present address during my stay in India. I've applied for re-verification on the same day and visited the local police station in advance and informed them. In two weeks of time the verification was done and I've got my passport back.

Indian Embassy was really helpful in this matter and without their interference the RPO wouldn't have cancelled the Impounding notice in first place. Also the Senior most officer in the RPO understood the matter and without any delay I was asked to apply for re-verification. So unexpectedly things went smooth. May be I was lucky!

Hope this information will help someone experiencing similar issue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors