Passport Issue by RPO Thane

Reg : Harassment of Regional Passport Office, Thane.

I have issued a passport in January 2003 when we were staying at Vile Parle, Mumbai. Thereafter in the end of 2012, I had applied for renewal of passport. As there was change of residence, R.P.O Thane sent for Police verification. I have submitted a letter from Housing society where in it is mentioned that I am stating here at above address since April 2011. I have also submitted attested copies of Ration card, previous passport, Certificate of Graduation, etc to police authorities. After completion of Police verification, Passport No K6554235 (File no : TH2070593509412) was issued and sent to my above address, but it returned undelivered as I was at office and my parents were out of town (Rajkot). Thereafter, I visited R.P.O Thane 4 times after taking leave from office. I have sent multiple e-mails and letters as well to R.P.O Thane office. I had met Senior officer and he had told me to give application and we will issue the passport but after 15 days I received letter saying please send us application mentioning reason for not being at home. When I have personally visited and have submitted the letter, why is again required for me to send the letter. Even though, I had sent across the letter. And best part is Toll free no or customer service of R.P.O is not working, no one ever answers the calls. To clarify, R.P.O Thane office is 5kms far from my residence. It is difficult to spend time and money for the same thing again and again. When all the formalities were done, passport had been issued, why is to difficult for them to deliver it. I really can’t understand what exactly they want from us. Fees for renewal/ documents submission/ police verification/E-mails /written application/personal visit to office, all had been done. And it’s clear when passport had been issued there is no issue with any formalities. It’s been more than a year; I have been just following up.
I am daughter of late Mr. Bhasker Dave and Mrs. Pravina Bhasker Dave, who were physically disabled (deaf and mute). My father passed away in 2009 and my mother is staying with her brother. Since I was 2 years old, I am staying with my guardian (Father’s sister and her husband). I have plans to visit London (UK) and so I would require my passport as soon as possible.

I want to understand that what exactly they want from us that would help them in releasing the passport.

Thanking you,
Poonam Dave

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors