Not received passport since 27 months

Hi Guys,

I am really worried now regarding my passport .
I had applied for FRESH passport on 22nd June, 2012 and till date I haven't received passport.
The only mistake I had done in the application was I had mentioned my Place of birth as "Mumbai" instead of "Navi Mumbai". So in 2012 police had told me to re-visit the Thane passport office and rectify my mistake.
I did that but still no further progress was made. A year passed on and Suddenly in Jan 2014, I received a letter from Passport office regarding Adverse Police verification notice and they had asked me to visit their office again and submit all the valid and correct documents.
I did that. Again no action was taken. They did not send my application to the local police station. I again visited the passport office . Later on, after 10 days in July 2014, they sent the file to local police station . I went over there for 1st verification . It was done . Later on they agreed to visit my residence once more for 2nd verification. this again took 1 month for them.
On 21st august, 2014 one officer visited my place and the final police verification was done. I was not at my home, so my mom attended them.
But the confirmed this time that there's no issue in the application and they will further submit my application.

20 days have passed now but the status is still ""Passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office" in passport seva site. I get a strong feeling that the police officers might not have submitted my application .

I will visit them once again in the coming week.

Will I get my passport now if they have passed on my application ?
Because it has been 2.3 years now, is this time period valid ?

The current status of my application is still : Passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office .

Too worried. Passport is the most important document for everybody's life.
I don't wish to apply newly now

Please suggest what should be my next move.

Thanks in advance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors