Internet connection not restored

dear sir

gist

internet connection at 04844035955 remains suspended even after 15 days of clearing the dues in full

DETAILS

i visited your office in Vytiila Ernakulam , stood in the queue and presented my problem at 10.10 hrs on 27/02/2013. i was told that there is overdues to the extent of Rs 3430 and the connection can be restored if Rs 2200 (approx) is paid. i cleared the overdue of Rs 3430 in full and requested for restoration of the internet connection at the earliest as we needed to access the net and our website urgently and continuously in connection with our stall in the three day exhibition to be held at hotel Le Meridian from 02/03/2013. i was told that it may take four hours as against normal delay of two hours due to some internal problem. i reiterated that i want it before 28/02/2013 morning at any cost and that if it is delayed any further for any reason i may not be interested in availing the service. i also gave a new number 9447252415 for contact.

i did not get the connection either on 28th or till conclusion of the exhibition on 04/03/2013.

i visited yr Vyttila office again on 11/03/2013.
i was initially told that the connection is already activated. i asked for the reactivation date. the officer then came back with the explanation that there is overdue to the extent of rs 700 (approx ) in the other two phone lines ( 04844035956 and 04844035957) in our name .

i then asked him why the overdue if any has not been informed to me on 27/02. he said something about records not being updated in time.

i requested him to restore the connection at the earliest . he refused and said unless the remaining overdue of Rs 700 is paid it cannot be done. i pointed out to him that i paid the overdue in full on 27th though only a lesser amount was required for the reactivation.

he refused and indicated that he may not be interested in further discussions.

my internet connection remains suspended at the time of sending this email ( 12.35 pm on 13/03/2013.).

i sent a complaint by email yesterday. i got an Ack. the format is so small that no details could be given in that complaint. hence this message

kindly look into the matter and enlighten me on the following

question marks

1. i had cleared all the overdue on 27/02/13. isnt it indecent to penalize for future overdue ( overdue not in the books as on the relevant date ) ?
2. i had given a contact no. to yr office in Vyttila. is it too much to expect a call when the connection could not be restored ( for what ever reason )
or to inform me of the overdue in my other accounts when it surfaced ?
3. i had paid more than the required minimum amount at the time of requesting for restoration of connection. was there any option available to your officer to consider my request on 11th march or to show a bit more concern ?
4. i was not offered any chance to contact a higher official in your Vyttila office. Isn't it nice to have a higher layer in the office itself to which a complaint can be escalated ? ( in fact i am a retired bank manager and i probably have the banking system in mind when i make this suggestion .)

conclusion

it is the great reputation yr company enjoys in the market which prompted me to raise the issue. ( in the case of lesser known companies i would not have bothered because i know it is futile ) i expect a reply if not redressal . in fact i am not really looking forward to redressal and continuation of the relationship because it has hit a bottom which i never imagined.

yours faithfully

Mathai
mkmathai@yahoo.com

RE: internet connexn not restored

Here is the latest development

-- i got a few calls every day for the last 5 days
from Airtel. They wanted to know whether the internet connection is now working. the attempt obviously is to treat the complaint as a routine failure of the connection. i asked them for a simple detail.

Please giver me the date on which the services
which remained suspended for sure during 27/02/2013
to 11/03/2013 was restored , if at all.

i am yet to get this info. every time i insist , Airtel cuts
the call promising to call back. i will keep this forum informed

regards

Mathai 07.15 hrs 26/03/2013

expert

Administrator
Staff member
You should instead talk to the department which does connection/disconnection. The customer care don't interact with them at all. It is a workflow in the software.

Get hold of the connection/hardware dept. -- that's the only way to quickly get it done.

lisma

i get on average four calls per day from airtel
but they manage not to give the info or set right
the anomaly. instead the callers are trying twist
the issue to such an extent that i almost go mad.
i will give details later .

i am thinking of taking the issue
to a consumer court. i will give one
final email to airtel today

this is the position at 5 pm 01/04/2013

regards

m k mathai

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors