Criminal record but got clean chit from court and need passport

bmy

I am currently residing at Nagpur for more than 1.5 years and my permanent address is Bhopal, M.P.

I have had a criminal case (Section 325.34 of IPC) logged in against me on my local police station at Bhopal (Which was a fake case and later became settled(compromise) in the court due to lack of evidence as it was a fake case, I was not present at the place where my enemy logged F.I.R. as I am a working professional and that day I was at my office as regular working day, it was proved by showing my attendance in the court).

I have applied for passport to Nagpur office in normal quota and also in Bhopal in Tatkal quota (actually, after applied for normal quota my employer has asked me to get passport as soon as possible). In both the application I haven't mentioned about the criminal record as I thought it was a fake F.I.R. and also got clean chit from court.

Can you please assist me on my below queries on urgency basis:

1. My first query is, As I have applied for 2 places, So is it a offense of law?

2. If no, then from where should I apply, Nagpur or Bhopal?

3. Can a tatkal quota be converted into Normal quota?

4. Can I edit submitted application so that I can mention about my past criminal record?

expert

Administrator
Staff member
  • No there is no crime to apply at multiple places but your application can be delayed.
  • You can apply at any PSK under a Passport Office (PO) in the state of your current or permanent address
  • Log into your account and reschedule your appointment and select normal for appointment quota
  • You're still safe: At the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) please ask the Citizen Service Executive (CSE) to make the required changes in the application form. Secondly it is crime to provide wrong information.

Hope it helps

bmy

Expert said:
  • No there is no crime to apply at multiple places but your application can be delayed.
  • You can apply at any PSK under a Passport Office (PO) in the state of your current or permanent address
  • Log into your account and reschedule your appointment and select normal for appointment quota
  • You're still safe: At the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) please ask the Citizen Service Executive (CSE) to make the required changes in the application form. Secondly it is crime to provide wrong information.

Hope it helps
Thank you very much Mr. Expert for your reply,

Few more questions:
1. When I am filling form it says your present address and PSK should be in same district?
2. Also, do I need to furnished the court orders too with the application at PSK on the time of appointment?
Secondly it is crime to provide wrong information.
, ok, then now how can I fix this issue?
4. If I not able furnished court orders (As I am trying to get case copies from court through RTI act and it will take 30 days, and my appointment date is earlier) then what will be the validity of passport? or what could be happen with my passport application?
5. and most important questions is, If I get appointment of my tatkal application in normal quota then Do I need to furnished Annexure F; as it's a mandatory document for tatkal quota? Hence, I am booking appointment of my Tatkal application into normal qouta?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors